Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone running 275's+ on a fox body?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone running 275's+ on a fox body?
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I'm trying to deal with my rubbing issues and I'd like to stay with the same tire size but if I can't fix it through better suspention parts, I'll change.

I have 275/40/17's on the rear and they rub when I go over big things like drive ways or with people in the back.

What can I do to fix it? I'd like to also lower the car but I'm afraid the rubbing will just get horrible

thanks

My entire suspention is stock BTW

--------------------
90GT: h/c/i
05 wrx

Posts: 868 | From: plumas lake (sacramento area) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is from what I remember from when I had a fox... so use caution.

If you go to aftermarket lower control arms, such as the MM's, you can get rid of the quad shocks. Which will probably keep you from rubbing while cornering.

And other than that you can probably take it to a reputable body shop and have the lips on the quarter panel rolled so you get a bit of clearance. Other than that you may need be really careful what springs you run and how far you can drop it.

There was a badass LX in the pictures from the Fosters Freeze event that had that setup on it. That's what I'm planning to do once I get another fox body.

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com