Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Should I buy or should I wait?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I buy or should I wait?
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What up peoples,
I need some help on deciding if I should buy a new set of shock, struts and quad shocks. I hope that by doing this my car which has Eibach's sport line springs (that lowered my over 2 inches) will some what raise my car a little or at least not be so "bumpy". On the other hand doesn't a car need to get the shocks and struts replaced after 50,000 + miles? Oh yeah what do you guys think of the price for the 6piece kit (shocks,struts,quad's) $309.95 from Texas Mustang the kits is KYB. Thanks for input.

[patriot]

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
96WhiteSnake
¯
Member # 229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96WhiteSnake  Ford pictures for 96WhiteSnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your could raise it a bit just by changing springs...i have eibach pro-kit and it only dropped about 1 1/2" as for the bumpy ride, you're gonna have that with most aftermarket springs, cause they are generally stiffer. Also I just did my shocks awhile ago, at about 55000 or so and the quad shocks were shot. but you can usually tell when you're driving if the shocks need to be replaced. i'm not too sure how kyb's will be as far as performance......

--------------------
-Robb
Currently ridin a-
***80 Gray RX7
OLD Rides
*96 White Cobra, black int
*93 Black 5.0, black top & int
*89 White 5.0, black top & gray int

Posts: 402 | From: San Jo/ SLO | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put the KYB's in it will help alot. My01stang has the sportline kit and he put the Premiums on to me the ride feels just as good if not better then the whole stock setup. I also have the sportlines I'm going to put in the AGX adjustiables. There $419 from sacramentomustang.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Tweeeeka
¯
Member # 882

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweeeeka  Ford pictures for Tweeeeka    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check out shox.com they've got the cheapest prices on KYB, Tokico, Koni, and bilstien. I'd suggest the adjustable koni's, they're expensive(that's why I don't have em), but they're a good shock, and you can adjust them to get rid of that bumpy ride, or make them real stiff.
Posts: 36 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the Bilstein sport shocks and struts from Maximum Motorsports and love them. Gotta love the lifetime warranty also.

Ray

Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the advice. I will keep you posted on my next move. [patriot]

--------------------
California Notary Public

93Snyper
¯
Member # 1058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Snyper  Ford pictures for 93Snyper  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just installed Kybs front and rear...got a player price from Vic Hubbard in San Leandro for $178 best of all they had them in stock...L8
KB

--------------------
Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93Snyper:
I just installed Kybs front and rear...got a player price from Vic Hubbard in San Leandro for $178 best of all they had them in stock...L8
KB

Hella cool deal. Can he hook a brother up to [worship] ?
I hope he can.

[patriot]

--------------------
California Notary Public

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ray95:
I have the Bilstein sport shocks and struts from Maximum Motorsports and love them. Gotta love the lifetime warranty also.

Ray

How much were they? Are those adjustable?

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com