Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » local shop who will sump my tank

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: local shop who will sump my tank
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was up guys iam looking for a shop to do my sump
on my 99gt do any one now of a shoop who does it in the bay area and who nows what they are doing
thanks

[ April 10, 2002, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: 99gt-UJSTLST ]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a shop do the sump originally but did not know exactly how to set it up> then I had it re-done and now its much better> make sure they put the sump as low as possible and make sure they put in some baffling for when you turn> or slam on the brakes. Are you sure you want to sump the tank? It kinda sucks because you you really cant run the gas below half tank> I wisht that I hadnt of done it> but now that is done> I dont want to spend more money to re-do it> plus> I havent heard of another way to run the lines? [Confused]
If you want some more info> let me know.
Otherwise> talk to the same guy who is selling the intake> and he can take care of it for you.

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aeromotive sells a stock replacement tank already done right.
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pankeys radiator in san leandro (i thikn) is who did gabes sump. Pretty good work from what i could tell. Order the sump kit from summit, and have it installed ( i THINK they only charged like $100, but im not positive)

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The aeromotive tank will not have the smog hook ups> and if you do not put in some baffling> then whenever you take a turn> slow or fast> you will get air in the fuel lines> car will start to chug> if youre on the throttle> be prepared to build another motor [Mad]
Fuel cell phone is not too expensive> and is something that is VERY necessary.
Hope this helps bud:D

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
The aeromotive tank will not have the smog hook ups> and if you do not put in some baffling> then whenever you take a turn> slow or fast> you will get air in the fuel lines> car will start to chug> if youre on the throttle> be prepared to build another motor [Mad]
Fuel cell phone is not too expensive> and is something that is VERY necessary.
Hope this helps bud:D

so should i just buy a new pick up instead of the sump i mean i now with the pick up you can lean out also
so
what would you recommend sump or no sump

I thought sumpping the tank was good

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Sumping the tank is good> but it is for the drag strip only> from what I understand and what people say. It is easy with a sump to run a large an fuel line out of it> I dont know if its possible to do this with a pickup inside the tank. Plus> the sump will allow your pump to not (dry pump) for too long before it gets fuel. Sumping is a good way to go> but its not the best for daily driving a street car from what I have found. I tried to fix this with fuel cell foam> but it didnt work 100%> the aeromotive tank may work better? I have heard it is pricey? If I were to do it again> I dont think I would sump my tank?

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
Sumping the tank is good> but it is for the drag strip only> from what I understand and what people say. It is easy with a sump to run a large an fuel line out of it> I dont know if its possible to do this with a pickup inside the tank. Plus> the sump will allow your pump to not (dry pump) for too long before it gets fuel. Sumping is a good way to go> but its not the best for daily driving a street car from what I have found. I tried to fix this with fuel cell foam> but it didnt work 100%> the aeromotive tank may work better? I have heard it is pricey? If I were to do it again> I dont think I would sump my tank?

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:

thanks I think I will just go with a pick up for now
well since they say dont go below 1/4 of a tank and for every day driving it will be fine

thanks

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

robs2000gt
¯
Member # 323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robs2000gt  Ford pictures for robs2000gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Harold, you have mail at this e-mail haroldseven@attbi.com. Thanks!!!

[ April 12, 2002, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: robs2000gt ]

Posts: 47 | From: Sebastopol, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com