Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Projector Beam Headlamps

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Projector Beam Headlamps
1_Sick_Cobra
¯
Member # 718

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1_Sick_Cobra  Ford pictures for 1_Sick_Cobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted to hear some input on these headlamps. Is it worth the 300 bucks and do they make that big of a diff.

Thanx

--------------------
WELL...ITS A COBRA...AND ITS FAST ;)

S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I'll be the first to admit they look cool, but aiming them is a bitch, I can't seem to get them aimed exactly right. I get the low beams aimed the way I want them, then the highbeams are pointed at the sky, opposite is true if I have the highs pointed right. The quality on them kinda sucks, take a close look at mine sometime, and you'll see on the inside lenses, fingerprints of the people who put them together. Just an FYI, you've gotta buy new bulbs, and there's a splitt wiring harness you have to install, make sure if you do buy them it comes with the harness. Oh, you also have to cut the back out of the plastic piece behind the headlights.

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls
Stuttgart, Ingolstadt & some on order

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
1_Sick_Cobra
¯
Member # 718

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1_Sick_Cobra  Ford pictures for 1_Sick_Cobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool, thanx...but they are brighter than the stock headlamps?

--------------------
WELL...ITS A COBRA...AND ITS FAST ;)

S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depends on what kind of bulbs you put in, I'm currently running Piaa Ultra Whites, the lows if I remember correctly are 80 watts, the highs are 100 watts. So they're definitly brighter.

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey s281, what color is your car and where do you live?

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I would be interested in buying your stock cobra headlights, if they're clean [Big Grin] .....I've seen s281cobra's and they look awesome.

[ April 11, 2002, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Hey Mirza

Car is triple black, if you've been to any of the 98cobra.com car shows/cruises you've probably seen it......it is kinda hard to miss....... [Wink]

Oh, and I live in Oakland.....

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
Hey I would be interested in buying your stock cobra headlights, if they're clean [Big Grin] .....I've seen s281cobra's and they look awesome.

i am selling mine, off of a 97 cobra..let me know black94, mirzaj@sbcglobal.net
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have limited "E Mail" access and its hard for me to "E Mail" you [Frown] . If you still want to sell the Cobra headlights please call me at home
with a price $$
My home phone # is (510)490-5794

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
I have limited "E Mail" access and its hard for me to "E Mail" you [Frown] . If you still want to sell the Cobra headlights please call me at home
with a price $$
My home phone # is (510)490-5794

I am still interested in selling them, how much are you willing to spend?

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

how's $100.00, for both headlights?
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Call me at home to talk about a price

home phone(510)490-5794 [Big Grin]

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Call me at home to talk about a price

home phone(510)490-5794 [Big Grin]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com