Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » WHAT YOU GUYS THINK FUEL SYSTEM 99GT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WHAT YOU GUYS THINK FUEL SYSTEM 99GT
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well here is what I am thinking of doing with my fuel system to try to make that 600 rwhp mark

I was thinking of doing one of thouse two
diagrams keeping the stock fuel system in place adding a sump to the tank a aeromotive fuel pump (eliminator pump) with the fuel pump controler to make it more streetable
runing 55# injectors and 18psi of boost of my novi 2000

In regards to the fuel rails well iam goin to add some 1/2 rails just mount the stock fuel pressure regulator some were else

wich one do you guys thing would work better or do you guys have any suggestions

thanks

[ April 04, 2002: Message edited by: 99gt-UJSTLST ]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what's up man i talked to you last week on phone ive had no luck finding pi heads for cheap most people want like 900-1100 do you think i should just order them brand new for 1500 pp and sell mine also i got a quote of 1300 from a guy i know at sears point im thinking in about another month or 2 if you can help me do install and pull of heads or i'll call u later thxs

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It seems to me having one for each rail would be more efficient and a more even distribution than one line for both rails.

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As long as it's return-style with a sumped tank you'll be aight [patriot] .

Whatcha figure this custom setup's gonna cost???

I've heard stories of salvaging wrecked 98 GT fuel systems .

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Setup looks ok> I would consider getting rid of the Aeromotive pump if you are only going to run 1. If you are going to run 2 then you should be ok. Try to get a hold of Byron> he says and others have said that the Aeromotive pump will lean out at about 550+rwhp. So you upped your goal to 600whp eh? When do you think you'll get your car running again? Hopefully soon! Make sure your sump is done with baffling in the tank> without any baffling> as soon as you get to around 1/2 tank you will take the risk of running air in the lines> not a good thing. How were you planning on running the 55lb. injectors? I was told that the stock computer will only allow up to 50's> unless you send it to someone to re-program it or buy Speedpro

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
Setup looks ok> I would consider getting rid of the Aeromotive pump if you are only going to run 1. If you are going to run 2 then you should be ok. Try to get a hold of Byron> he says and others have said that the Aeromotive pump will lean out at about 550+rwhp. So you upped your goal to 600whp eh? When do you think you'll get your car running again? Hopefully soon! Make sure your sump is done with baffling in the tank> without any baffling> as soon as you get to around 1/2 tank you will take the risk of running air in the lines> not a good thing. How were you planning on running the 55lb. injectors? I was told that the stock computer will only allow up to 50's> unless you send it to someone to re-program it or buy Speedpro

hey was up wicked yea the aeromotive 1000 fuel pump will lean out at 550rwhp when they say 1000hp they mean N/A as far as SC they will only hold about 700 fly wheel wich comes out to be like 550 rwhp
they also have 2 more bigger pumps that support more HP then 1000 the 1000 is the lower end of the fuel pumps they have to offer

they have the eliminator wich can handle about 900 fly wheel wich is 750rwhp for SC cars 1300 N/A and then theres the bigger pump wich is like the weldon pump wich will handle much more I figured i would run the eliminator that should get me enough fuel pressure

as far as the injetors i spoke with byron and he let me now that the stock computer will control up to but no more the 60# injecotrs so i figured i get some 55# just to be safe

iam hoping to have it runing like in a month or so my cams came in today and iam goin to start to assemble it back togethere

the only problem is that iam goin to wait for the new intake to come out and well thats goin to be like in june or so thats what I was told

600rwhp well have to set my goals you now how it is if i dont have goals well then i would of been happy with it stock

hopping to run some really nice times you now something to be proud were i can say yup i built it myself

just trying to not fall to far behind this cobras that are goin to be runing really hard once they get it right [worship] [worship]

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com