Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Centerforce Dual Friction

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Centerforce Dual Friction
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who's used 'em??
What are your thoughts??

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard of too many failing prematurely and have even witnessed one blow on its first pass. Other than that, the rest of the people who have them, seem to like them.

[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
I've heard of too many failing prematurely and have even witnessed one blow on its first pass. Other than that, the rest of the people who have them, seem to like them.

[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Knew I should have SPEC'd it.
Wonder if Summit will return it after a couple months??
Shit.

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You shouldn't have a problem if its unopenned and still in the box. Summit is good about that stuff. Shade-tree knows a thing or two about getting summit to take back stuff.
icon
¯
Member # 949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for icon  Ford pictures for icon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey ted you stll need he putting together the new rearend? i see you want NOS...iv got something better for you than that .....email me and ill try and help you out.

--------------------
i have a dual frame rail chromoly tube chassis mustang and you dont :)
i do chassis work anything for subframe con's to full chassis cars

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

quote:
Originally posted by 67n2ojunkie:
hey ted you stll need he putting together the new rearend? i see you want NOS...iv got something better for you than that .....email me and ill try and help you out.

I already purchased the NOS kit from Gabe though.
Whats up??

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going on 1 1/2 years on my centerforce dual friction setup.
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
chapo
¯
Member # 1000

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for chapo  Ford pictures for chapo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I notice a big diference when I switch to my CENTERFORCE clutch, I had it for about a year now!
Posts: 67 | From: Oakland CA. | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
BOSNA
¯
Member # 246

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOSNA  Ford pictures for BOSNA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've blow mine after I think 300-500 miles in third gear [BS flag]

--------------------
98 Cobra
97 GT Saleen

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

quote:
Originally posted by BOSNA:
I've blow mine after I think 300-500 miles in third gear [BS flag]

I have heard both good and bad stories.
Did you honestly go through the recommended break-in that comes with the instructions?
It says plain as day on the orange sheets, 500 mile break in period.

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have used the center force clutch in everything I have ever put together. The only problem I ever had was when making above 500+ hp to the rear wheels the clutch would slip. I had center force up grade the material on the clutch disc and never had another problem. I also know they are not the best for high rpm usage. I only spun mine to 6000 rpm so it was fine.
Holmes88GT
¯
Member # 1096

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for Holmes88GT  Ford pictures for Holmes88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont think summit will take back a used clutch. stick with svo
HaHa

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ya! My dumbass did have Holmes install it only to need a flywheel! LOL!
All good, I will break her in appropriately when the rear and shit come together.
It'll be cool.

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have run Centerforce, Ram, and McLeod and by farrrrrrr the McLeod is the best. That is my opinion anyway.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LAST302:
I have run Centerforce, Ram, and McLeod and by farrrrrrr the McLeod is the best. That is my opinion anyway.

i heard that spec pretty much copied the mccloud clutch so the spec is great. I will be running it, gabe runs stage 3, brian is getting stage 3, theres a lot of us
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
roseville5oh
¯
Member # 406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roseville5oh  Ford pictures for roseville5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been driving on my CF dual friction for over a year now and I can't even tell any wear on it. It never slips and I've never had ANY problems with it. Yet, i've also heard great things about McLeod. Also heard good stuff about SPEC.
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Well, I ain't selling it, so I am gonna run it till it breaks or whatever.
Thanks guys.

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com