Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need help
2001s281
¯
Member # 653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2001s281  Ford pictures for 2001s281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i just got some bbk longtube headers installed and a off road h-pipe, and the service engine soon light came on. the shop told me that they had to splice the o2 sensors because they werent long enough. can anyone tell me how to get the service engine light off?
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you use mil eliminators? if no, that is your problem.
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
2001s281
¯
Member # 653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2001s281  Ford pictures for 2001s281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
did you use mil eliminators? if no, that is your problem.

i have the same because i installed an off road x-pipe, and the light never came on.

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check for exhaust leaks cause this could trip a code. Get your codes scanned, i know one of the stallions is going to be scanning codes at the 30th, so you can do it then.
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
2001s281
¯
Member # 653

quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
check for exhaust leaks cause this could trip a code. Get your codes scanned, i know one of the stallions is going to be scanning codes at the 30th, so you can do it then.

at the cruise on the 30th?

Stroked and Blown
¯
Member # 998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stroked and Blown  Ford pictures for Stroked and Blown        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a show/80 mile cruise this Saturday, starting at a Foster's Freeze in Dublin. Look under"upcoming cruises and shows" on the home page. I think it starts at 11:30 or 12:00. Someone is bringing a code scanner that you can use for free (Saturday only).
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why did the shop cut your wires to extend them instead of using the extensions that are sold?> were they in a hurry?> I am sorry to hear about your car bro> The computer might not like them extending the wires> I was told that if they are cut at uneven lengths that you could have a problem with one> I think you should be able to just scan the codes and it *should* shut the light off> best of luck to you. Try to scan the codes> maybe an O2 sensor went bad?

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

2001s281
¯
Member # 653

quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
Why did the shop cut your wires to extend them instead of using the extensions that are sold?> were they in a hurry?> I am sorry to hear about your car bro> The computer might not like them extending the wires> I was told that if they are cut at uneven lengths that you could have a problem with one> I think you should be able to just scan the codes and it *should* shut the light off> best of luck to you. Try to scan the codes> maybe an O2 sensor went bad?

not to sure why the cut the 02 wires, but the car has a funny smell now, and makes a shutter and a put when i turn it off.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I extended my O2 sensors with quality 14 gauge wire. No problems to report. (as in no check engine light, nothing, and yes I cut them)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

2001s281
¯
Member # 653

quote:
Originally posted by Stroked and Blown:
There is a show/80 mile cruise this Saturday, starting at a Foster's Freeze in Dublin. Look under"upcoming cruises and shows" on the home page. I think it starts at 11:30 or 12:00. Someone is bringing a code scanner that you can use for free (Saturday only).

so the guy is going to bring the code scanner right?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com