Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel Pressure Gauge instal -?-

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel Pressure Gauge instal -?-
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah I just bought a used Autometer electric fuel pressure gauge the other day and while I am familiar with the carbuerated 302, I have very little idea of where the pressure sensing unit needs to be installed on the 5.0. I have a 95 5.0 and if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, that would be great.

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

SVTJD
¯
Member # 553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTJD  Ford pictures for SVTJD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to Autometer.com for illustrations and instructions for the specific regulator you have.

--------------------
Jeff
1998 Cobra

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Follow the fuel rail on the tassenger side. You'll see a shrader valve around the area of the ECT sensor.
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok what's a shrader valve? I located my passenger side fuel rail and found a fitting in the front area of it that has a little blastic knob on it (looks kind of like the cap for putting air in your tires) the pressure unit I have, has a fitting that looks like it would go right into that part.

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v8302stangs:
Ok what's a shrader valve? I located my passenger side fuel rail and found a fitting in the front area of it that has a little blastic knob on it (looks kind of like the cap for putting air in your tires) the pressure unit I have, has a fitting that looks like it would go right into that part.

Yup, you found it Make sure you use teflon tape on the threads to seal it and triple check for leaks after you install it and turn on the motor.

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

alright cool I'm going to get ready to do this. I'm pretty sure it's ok to pull the plug out and use a rag to soak up the pressurized fuel that comes out, correct? Also, should the shrader valve come out pretty easily or is it tight like a mofo? Other thant that, I think I should have everything down.

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com