Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NEED HELP ON WHAT INJECTORS TO GO WITH

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED HELP ON WHAT INJECTORS TO GO WITH
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am putting a vortech on my 00 GT and it has a the 3.33" pulley (10#'s) and a powerpipe. i'm getting an 80mm mass air as well. I got the kit off ebay and it came with 30# injectors, will these be enough?

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your 30's are good up to 350 rwhp. Are you getting tuned with byron? I would buy FMS 42's and a 90mm Lighting. That will allow you to the 400 plus rwhp mark

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Your 30's are good up to 350 rwhp. Are you getting tuned with byron? I would buy FMS 42's and a 90mm Lighting. That will allow you to the 400 plus rwhp mark

I don't know who byron is but is was planning on having apex motorsports dyno tune me. i don't know how good they are though. but i figured i would have to go 42's though. over 400 rwhp would be real nice. but i have to figure out why my car is running slow since the 3.73's before anything though. thanks for the advice.

--------------------
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Byron who tunes for Apex and Mustang ranch is the best (not to mention only) tuner around. I agree with the MAF/42 lbs injector setup. You'll realized that it'll be your fuel pumps that are the limiting factor around the 400 RWHP mark. [patriot]
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

what fuel pump would be the best one to use?
all i have is the one that came with the kit. it lookes like a stock pump.

--------------------

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00KNIGHTMARE:
what fuel pump would be the best one to use?
all i have is the one that came with the kit. it lookes like a stock pump.

Walbro GSS342. You probably have the GSS 317.
i would buy an aftercooler if you have not installed the vortech yet. It is less wear and tear on the engine and you can get more power out of it

--------------------

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Byron who tunes for Apex and Mustang ranch is the best (not to mention only) tuner around. I agree with the MAF/42 lbs injector setup. You'll realized that it'll be your fuel pumps that are the limiting factor around the 400 RWHP mark. [patriot]

That's exactly right. The only real tuner around. I have a good set of FMS 36lb injectors for sale. I was able to make over 400rwh on them"Safely" Just my 2 cents Bro. Also you need a good ass pump. Also I would go through Apex to tune. Their dyno set up seems to work better. The room doesn't get so damn hot. I tuned at both. Hope that helps out.

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool, thanx

--------------------

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

quote:
Originally posted by 66 InjectedCobra:

That's exactly right. The only real tuner around. I have a good set of FMS 36lb injectors for sale. I was able to make over 400rwh on them"Safely" Just my 2 cents Bro. Also you need a good ass pump. Also I would go through Apex to tune. Their dyno set up seems to work better. The room doesn't get so damn hot. I tuned at both. Hope that helps out.

how much for the 36's?

--------------------

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

I would not do 36's. Get the 42 and a lightning MAF. With the 36's you have to go pro-m. Your idle will surge, even with byrons tune. I've been
there down that. The lighting maf will cure 90% of those worries. Do it right the first time.

--------------------

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
I would not do 36's. Get the 42 and a lightning MAF. With the 36's you have to go pro-m. Your idle will surge, even with byrons tune. I've been
there down that. The lighting maf will cure 90% of those worries. Do it right the first time.

OK I emailed byron the other day on the same topic he told me i just need a 255lph pump, por-m 80mm, and 30's. I told him that I dont have plans on doing anything more to up the hp for some time, now this combo that he told me cuz I have a 97 with the shitty heads??? Have any of you had the same combo and how did you like it?

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I am putting a vortech on my 00 GT and it has a the 3.33" pulley (10#'s) and a powerpipe. i'm getting an 80mm mass air as well. I got the kit off ebay and it came with 30# injectors, will these be enough?

well I say some 48's or 50's just in case you will be adding more boost in the feature i mean it wont hurt you if you go bigger and change you intake fuel pump

also when you get it tuned by byron ask him to move your rev limiter to like 7500
I have blown my engine 4 times couse i have hit the damm rev limiter and when i did it leaned the car out and KABOOOOM!!!!
I now you wont be goin that high when reving the car couse there is no HP at thouse ranges but its just a make sure you never come close to it couse stock is set at 6200 and well thats when you hit peak power

hope this helps

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: 99gt-UJSTLST ]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Stroked and Blown
¯
Member # 998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stroked and Blown  Ford pictures for Stroked and Blown        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 38# injectors that are 10 months old for sale. Apex told me that I needed 48# injectors on my 347c.i. engine that I just supercharged. I just bought the 48# injectors for $517.00 (holy shit!)with tax and shipping. I have the receipt from Dallas Mustang Parts for the 38# injectors if you are interested.
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

quote:
Originally posted by Stroked and Blown:
I have 38# injectors that are 10 months old for sale. Apex told me that I needed 48# injectors on my 347c.i. engine that I just supercharged. I just bought the 48# injectors for $517.00 (holy shit!)with tax and shipping. I have the receipt from Dallas Mustang Parts for the 38# injectors if you are interested.

i think i'll stick with the 42's since that is what everyone recommends.and i am finding them pretty cheap on ebay.thanks though. by the way injectors are the same for lightnings 4.6 mustangs and 5.0 mustangs right? this is probably
a stupid question.

Stroked and Blown
¯
Member # 998

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stroked and Blown  Ford pictures for Stroked and Blown        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The injector is the same as far as fit, but not as far as flow rate. My 5.0 came with 19#, lightnings come with 42# , etc. Also colors vary. Ford's 19# are orange, 24# are light blue, blah blah,blah. Good luck
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

quote:

i think i'll stick with the 42's since that is what everyone recommends.and i am finding them pretty cheap on ebay.thanks though. by the way injectors are the same for lightnings 4.6 mustangs and 5.0 mustangs right? this is probably
a stupid question.

Hey bro,
Be careful about buying them on ebay. I heard there fake, not real FMS. You might want to ask around.

--------------------

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey scott there is a place out in heyward that sells them and I am about to go get some pricing on them, wanna go see if we can get a deal on them?

--------------------

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I just got my injectors off Ebay (42lb FMS) player price too . They are real and I have had no problem W/them. Hope that helps out.
Oh, if you do go the Ebay route then buy from some one that has more than one set for sale. Shoot them an Email to tell them you want them at cheapest price before auction ends. That's how I did it.

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
hey scott there is a place out in heyward that sells them and I am about to go get some pricing on them, wanna go see if we can get a deal on them?

na man i think i'll go with e-bay because the 42's are like $450 new, and there around $200 on e-bay. used ofcourse.

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want another opinion on your setup then I would call Foced Fed Performance.530-755-0337 ask for Keith. They know a lot about fuel injection and are located in Yuba City.
There is a simple equation to figure out what LBS injectors you need but I cannot remember it. There are other people in this area that can tune and probably do a better job then Good Ole Apex and Mustang Ranch if you want something different. Shoot, if you had a Speed pro I could hook you up.

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have injectors that are too big, what can happen?

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v8302stangs:
If you have injectors that are too big, what can happen?

With an EEC tuner or custom chip, really nothing can bad happen unless you get REALLY big (around 100+ lbs?), then you may have idle and light load problems. Put it this way, probably the majority of the poweradder stangs around here will benifit from a 'larger' fuel setup, but I don't know of one yet that had a fuel system setup that was too 'large'.

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

With an EEC tuner or custom chip, really nothing can bad happen unless you get REALLY big (around 100+ lbs?), then you may have idle and light load problems. Put it this way, probably the majority of the poweradder stangs around here will benifit from a 'larger' fuel setup, but I don't know of one yet that had a fuel system setup that was too 'large'.

So in other words, if your not sure about injector size, get larger ones (as long as your engine is tuned for the size properly)

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

OK I am planning on getting 30's, pro-m 80mm maf, and new fuelpump. My question is am I going to run into any problems between the time I intall these and get it tune? basically will I be able to drive my car or do I need to have it tunes right after I intall this combo?

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com