Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cheapest place to get MAC Prochamber?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheapest place to get MAC Prochamber?
Zach281
¯
Member # 171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zach281  Ford pictures for Zach281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How long did it take to get it? And what did they charge for shipping?

--------------------
- 99 Cobra - Rio Red - Convertible -

- 94 Red GT - Sold 02/26/03 -

Posts: 361 | From: Rocklin, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't get it. I heard bad things about pro-chambers. You are better off with an off raod H pipe.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Zach281
¯
Member # 171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zach281  Ford pictures for Zach281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What did you hear? What h-pipe brand do you reccomend?

--------------------
- 99 Cobra - Rio Red - Convertible -

- 94 Red GT - Sold 02/26/03 -

Posts: 361 | From: Rocklin, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK
My neighbor has a 96 gt with a vortech. He had the prochamber, and the exhaust was catching inside the chamber. He went to a BBk off road Hpipe and loves it. MAC procducts suck. You get what you pay for. Look on www.corral.net or www.stangnet.com for used parts. If you come to the meet on the 30th you can hear different exhaust.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya i have a bbk h and i love it soo much

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've not had good luck with BBK stuff. (on 5.0's)
The Catted BBK that I've installed really is a pain! Harder to istall than stock, off-road, and catted Bassani. Besides, the BBK stuff I've seen/used has needed modifications.
For instance: BBK shroty headers..... These things are fine for stock heads, but with larger exhaust ports the welds on the BBK interfear with flow... Mac is not much better, however, their Prochamber will out perform just about everything esle out there.

If you want quality, go for a Bassani or....
VRS. I just picked up a catted VRS exhaust. Stainless steel Dr. Gas/NASCAR design. 2-piece design makes installation a little more difficult, but able to be 'fine tuned' for max clearance. Also, the ball joint exits are large, quality controled. Not like BBK, Mac, etc. The price can't be beat either. Got my SS catted X for $379 shipped. Off-road version is less than the Mac Prochamber, but probably more than the BBK.
One more thing:
H's & X's work about the same to 3000rpm at which point the benifits of the X start to show. The design of the Crossover in the H doesn't allow the gasses to flow between the tubes a well as the X design, this becomes more apparent at high RPM's were exhaust flow is substantial. Simply a better technology. Another reason why X's are quieter, there's less resonance/restriction.

www.vrsexhaust.com

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com