Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Supercharger pushing boost back out MAF under part throttle? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Supercharger pushing boost back out MAF under part throttle?
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I am driving part throttle> the boost that will not enter the throttle body > will go back thru the bypass and then out the MAF> Making my car surge really bad. I have a Vortech S trim with aftercooler and a 3.1" pulley> I think its going to be around 12-15 psi. of boost with this forged internals motor> I have the AFM powerpipe.
Has anyone made a plate that mounts inside of the powerpipe that directs air back towards the blower so the MAF will not get the (backsurge) of air? It does not happen under WOT and only when I am part throttle> I know for sure its not the fuel because I have monitored the fuel gauge closely.
Thanks for any help

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mount the MAF *backwards* (people do it) [worship]
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
When I am driving part throttle> the boost that will not enter the throttle body > will go back thru the bypass and then out the MAF> Making my car surge really bad. I have a Vortech S trim with aftercooler and a 3.1" pulley> I think its going to be around 12-15 psi. of boost with this forged internals motor> I have the AFM powerpipe.
Has anyone made a plate that mounts inside of the powerpipe that directs air back towards the blower so the MAF will not get the (backsurge) of air? It does not happen under WOT and only when I am part throttle> I know for sure its not the fuel because I have monitored the fuel gauge closely.
Thanks for any help

hey was up
I had the same problem with my NOVI2000
what I did was add another byepass valve to make it go away so I run 2 byepass valves now

what happens is the smaller pulley creates more air pressure between the SC and the intake.

the MAF reads correct air flow into the SC but what is happening your pushing to much air into the intake and the car has to add more fuel there for makeing the car idle more

when you add anothere beypass valve you releave the pressure between the SC and the intake sure you are resurculating the air but you are not pushing any more air then you need

what iam trying to say is you need anothere byepass valve and it should fix your proplem

hey if you have any questions give me a call ill try to explain a little better

javier
408-835-2689

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I'm going to try to rotate the MAF and see if that helps> then if that doesnt work I will look into getting another bypass.
Thanks guys!

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I think I'm going to try to rotate the MAF and see if that helps> then if that doesnt work I will look into getting another bypass.
Thanks guys!

I have heard of flipping the MAF but does not make sence why you would do that I mean i though it only reads one way of course i might be wrong

any ways I really sure if you ADD anothere bypass valve it will take your problem away

later

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll give it a shot! 50 shot that is. he he
thanks bro.

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
I'll give it a shot! 50 shot that is. he he
thanks bro.

50 shott DAMMM!!!!!
i gues iam goin to have to go 75-100 to go with 16 psi of BOOST
just to make sure you dont leave me behind

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

LOL> naw> I'm just thinking about it for now> if I dont hit 600rwhp> then I'm gonna do something?
I talked to Byron and he said that because we're supercharged that the 50 shot would equal more like 100 at the wheels. So> 150shot would equal>?
lol.
we'll see?
he he
Hey, are you trying to run with WIKD 281> or just want to keep close
Just got back from a test drive> I moved the MAF and it solved about 75% of my problems! I am amazed.

[ March 17, 2002: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
LOL> naw> I'm just thinking about it for now> if I dont hit 600rwhp> then I'm gonna do something?
I talked to Byron and he said that because we're supercharged that the 50 shot would equal more like 100 at the wheels. So> 150shot would equal>?
lol.
we'll see?
he he
Hey, are you trying to run with WIKD 281> or just want to keep close
Just got back from a test drive> I moved the MAF and it solved about 75% of my problems! I am amazed.

HAHA run with you Man I want to be ahead of you and youll lose LOL LOL LOL just kidding
I just want to run some nice times on drags
I want to amaze people with my little 2valve motor

I want to be next to you and wicked SS when you guys race
I want you guys to see come from beside and video take you guys shoked that iam pulling HAHAHA
shit yea like that wil happend then i will wake up LOL LOL LOL

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

LOL> You could give WIKD 281 a try> but you might want to start with YOULLUZ> he he.
Probably have better luck running him
I'm sure that you're 2 valve will kick some ass when youre done> I dont think anyone is doubting that! I'm sure we'll get our runs in as well> I might need to take out my 200pound stereo to run you tho> just to make sure that it will be equal.
How much power you planning on putting to the rear wheels?
Later dude

--------------------

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WIKD: considering that my car has a larger EVERYTHING(exhaust,blower,intercooler,intake,speed-pro EFI etc) compared to your car you might want to rethink that last post. Byron can tune it till the cows come home but i cant see you putting up better numbers then me....REMEMBER whos been doing this for longer...
you sure have me covered on 4x4s though.. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ March 17, 2002: Message edited by: youl luz ]

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
LOL> You could give WIKD 281 a try> but you might want to start with YOULLUZ> he he.
Probably have better luck running him
I'm sure that you're 2 valve will kick some ass when youre done> I dont think anyone is doubting that! I'm sure we'll get our runs in as well> I might need to take out my 200pound stereo to run you tho> just to make sure that it will be equal.
How much power you planning on putting to the rear wheels?
Later dude

well iam hoping to push the same numbers you are as close to 600rwhp
thats why i might go put a 50 shot just to make sure i get there

but i might not need it
will see couse i have a 3 inch pully on my novi2000rr and a power pipe
wich should push on a stock motor around 20 psi
of course with all the head work I have done to the car it will bring my BOOSST to about 17 but will see once i break it in

when i had my original motor it was showing afthere 5000 rpm 10 psi and with every 200 rpm that the car was climping i would gain 1psi
i would only take it to 6000 and it would show 15 psi of course the motor blew up
i never dynoed it or even got to run it at the track

but with all the head work iam getting done i should be able to rev to aabout 7000

I am not saying ill beat you or gabe but
iam goin to try to give you a run for you money

so was goin on with you ride gabe when we goin to see it run at the track I want to see where the mark is set at wich ever time is faster you or harold thats goin to be my goal to beat in my 2 valve i mean hey if you guys run low 9's or 8's well shit i now i wont beat it or come close untill my next build when i add a 5.4 motor

but iam sure if you run some 10's ill coem close to them

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

YOULLUZ> You know its funny that you post on this topic> did you not see the post that I put to your attention a few days ago> that you never replied to but 15 other people did>lol
I dont really care if you have larger EVERYTHING on your car> if you have a faster car than me> then awesome> I'm glad you do! You have a faster car then me> I know that> you should anyways because you spent about another $25,000 on it compared to me> anyways> if and when you FINALLY get your car tuned and running will be a great day!
To all his own.
No haters here> I like your car> just wish you could get it running and show everyone what it will do!!!!
I hope you pull some awesome numbers!
Later.

99GTUJSTLST> Whats up bro> Sounds like you got it all planned out! Thats awesome> I'm sure we'll make some runs at the track> wouldnt doubt you'll beat me with that much boost tho!

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
YOULLUZ> You know its funny that you post on this topic> did you not see the post that I put to your attention a few days ago> that you never replied to but 15 other people did>lol
I dont really care if you have larger EVERYTHING on your car> if you have a faster car than me> then awesome> I'm glad you do! You have a faster car then me> I know that> you should anyways because you spent about another $25,000 on it compared to me> anyways> if and when you FINALLY get your car tuned and running will be a great day!
I guess I could have spent all my money on speed> but I also enjoy LOUD stereos and wakeboard boats
To all his own.
No pun intended bro.
I hope you get your car tuned soon and I hope you pull some awesome numbers! But> My car is not on the same playing field as you because my car is a street car and not a race car.
Later.

99GTUJSTLST> Whats up bro> Sounds like you got it all planned out! Thats awesome> I'm sure we'll make some runs at the track> wouldnt doubt you'll beat me with that much boost tho!

beat you no i dont think so will be close though its like goin to be to the point were u win me most of the time but here and there ill get one on u LOL but will see i cant wait to see what our little 281 can do [worship] [worship]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:

beat you no i dont think so will be close though its like goin to be to the point were u win me most of the time but here and there ill get one on u LOL but will see i cant wait to see what our little 281 can do [worship] [worship]

I agree bro> its gonna be fun! I honestly think you'll beat me> your car weights much less than mine and youre going to be at the same power level. If you need any help with anything let me know!
Later.

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:

I agree bro> its gonna be fun! I honestly think you'll beat me> your car weights much less than mine and youre going to be at the same power level. If you need any help with anything let me know!
Later.

well what i need help on is the fuel
but on the 30th ill just look at yours
so i can get a better picture
i now how iam goin to do my fuel
but just want to see your to make sure i better understand

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Harold, so did you fix your problems yet?
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like smack talking up there!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im an instigator.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
sounds like smack talking up there!

Just fun and games bro> its all for fun!

Black2000gt> whats up bro? Yeah> I fixed most of the problem by rotating the MAF.

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:

Just fun and games bro> its all for fun!

Black2000gt> whats up bro? Yeah> I fixed most of the problem by rotating the MAF.

hey me talk shit never iam not shit talker all in good fun we just talking you now we now our shit will be fast
we wont be the fastest but will be one of the fastest [worship]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bragging rights.... as far as I know, go to John91coupe.

Airs up the ET streets, drives an hour to Sacramento each way, drops the pressure a bit, launches from idle w/no transbrake and probably the wrong stall to a mid 9 at 145, pumps up the tires and heads home

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
bragging rights.... as far as I know, go to John91coupe.

Airs up the ET streets, drives an hour to Sacramento each way, drops the pressure a bit, launches from idle w/no transbrake and probably the wrong stall to a mid 9 at 145, pumps up the tires and heads home

hey I now john run some sick ass times but iam not trying to beat him
but who nows i might get crazy put the slicks on and say fuck it with 17 psi of boost add a 100 shot just to run thouse kind of times
NOT yet though i want to drive this motor for at least a year before KABOOM and i now if i add NOS its goin to give me some damm good time but shit only 2 passes if iam lucky LOL

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

I don't think that will buy you 145 mph, but what do I know.

maybe 17psi +100 shot+ 1000 lbs. of weight reduction [worship]

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

No doubt John is the fastest> but for (true) street cars the battle that is questionable.
I'm just having fun> this post is getting better and better

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com