Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » is a 5.0 really a 5.0???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: is a 5.0 really a 5.0???
65wannaGT
¯
Member # 945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65wannaGT  Ford pictures for 65wannaGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've been looking at some used gts. manley 94 and 95. one i saw i really liked. teh guy said it had a 5.0 engine. the intake "says" 5.0. is there any way to look and figure out if it really is? and is there any other things i should be on the lok for to make sure i'm not getting riped off?
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A '5.0' is really a 4944cc engine.
The reason for this I'm a little foggy. Something to do with Ford's inline 6 actually being a 5.0 displacement, yet Ford wanted the '5.0' name for the mustang. I'm not sure if this helps.

If it's in a stang, you might count the plugs or the plug wires coming from the distributor. The other engine option in an SN-95 is the 6 banger. If it's got 8 cylinders, and somebody still screwed you, somebody went through an awful lot of trouble to swap motors, especially given that a complete throttle body to oil pan 5.0 motor is like $500-$750 rebuilt.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

65wannaGT
¯
Member # 945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65wannaGT  Ford pictures for 65wannaGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info.
Zach281
¯
Member # 171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zach281  Ford pictures for Zach281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Every 94-95 Mustang GT had a 5.0 liter engine in it. The same engine on the 87-93 mustangs. I myself have a 1994 Ford Mustang GT with the 5.0 liter engine. They did not convert to the 4.6 liter until 1996. Click Here for a picture of my completely stock (and might I add a little dirty) 5.0 engine.

--------------------
- 99 Cobra - Rio Red - Convertible -

- 94 Red GT - Sold 02/26/03 -

Posts: 361 | From: Rocklin, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com