Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Best off road h-pipe brand?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best off road h-pipe brand?
Zach281
¯
Member # 171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zach281  Ford pictures for Zach281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright, it turns out the h-pipe that I had purchased for my car is no good. The flanges that connect to the headers are too small to create a good seal. That is why there is an exhaust leak and why my car is not adapting to the h-pipe well. I am not sure what brand the h-pipe is because I got it off ebay, so what has everyone used? I need to know, what is the best quality?

--------------------
- 99 Cobra - Rio Red - Convertible -

- 94 Red GT - Sold 02/26/03 -

Posts: 361 | From: Rocklin, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like Bassani and BBK
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im gonna have to second the Bassani vote
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mac Prochamber or DrGas X

BBK sucks.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STOKED:
BBK is poor quality, but most of the time you can make em work with some beating LOL.... (maybe I just get all the lemons... beats me) [patriot]

I am about to put on a bbk... can you tell me more about the beating part??? I didnt like how the hole in the balence tube was kinda cut out wtf

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

Zach281
¯
Member # 171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zach281  Ford pictures for Zach281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So is there any good quality h-pipe out there? It sounds to me like either the mac prochamber or the bassani off road is the way to go. I want it DEEP and MEAN! But of course the performance increase is important too. So how do the prochamber and bassani compare??

--------------------
- 99 Cobra - Rio Red - Convertible -

- 94 Red GT - Sold 02/26/03 -

Posts: 361 | From: Rocklin, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want a deep sound make sure you use turn downs....lol. What cat back are you using? The prochamber and flowmasters always make a mean sound, you can't really go wrong with that, IMO. Keep in mind that o/r H's are LOUD . I know of a car that has high flow cats and turn downs and that mofo is DEEP. There are so many combos and optiions out there you pretty much have to just try them out. Later, Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com