Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » stroker what do you think

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: stroker what do you think
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright my car is just about complete. It has a sportsman block dss main support eagle h beam rods eagle crank. All are forged steel. JE inverted dome pistions, compression about 8.7, Edlebrock perfromer heads with the exhaust ports completly ported and the combustion cambers worked. 1.6 roller rocker, crower cam 288 298 duration and 512 531 lift and a 110 lobe separation, edlbrock perfromer upper and lower intake with it matched to the heads, 50lb injectors, aeromotive comp fuel system kit, 80mm mass air meter, vortech S-trim with a race bypass valve, anderson power pipe and a 2.95 pulley on it. It has bbk shorty headers and a fluidyne aluminum radiator. I probably missed a couple of things but what do you think this car will run with a good tune?

How much hp do you think it will have to the wheels?
It also has all the msd stuff 6al and the other goodies
Albert

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With that much stuff, it better be a 10 second car. You have alot of good parts, and a big cam, almost what I have in my 360 cid chevrolet, and other then my heads are a little better, mine is making over 850hp. You should be able to run 10s, and possibly even dip into the 9s if you make the chassis good as well. Have to make the car hook! I dont know anything about the different blowers, so if Im way off, that could be the reason, but I know I could put a nitrous kit on that motor to make the power I just stated.

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just want the car to go into the 11's. A mid 11 second pass will make me really happy. I don't care to much for 10's because that is when everything starts breaking and I am out of money at this point
Albert

--------------------

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by customN2O:
With that much stuff, it better be a 10 second car. You have alot of good parts, and a big cam, almost what I have in my 360 cid chevrolet, and other then my heads are a little better, mine is making over 850hp. You should be able to run 10s, and possibly even dip into the 9s if you make the chassis good as well. Have to make the car hook! I dont know anything about the different blowers, so if Im way off, that could be the reason, but I know I could put a nitrous kit on that motor to make the power I just stated.

Aren't sportsman blocks only good to 700 hp? then they split? curious chevy guy...... I'm not posting any advice haha!

customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know how much that block is suposedly good for. Im mostly into chevys, but I can tell you that Ive been told by everyone and their mother that a stock chevrolet block wont last with 700 hp, and Ive been doing it for over 3 years now. If the motor is tuned and running properly, and balanced, etc, they should be able to hold the power.

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can put more than 700 HP in a sportsman block eaisly. Ford underates all of there blocks. People are putting 1500+hp in some of there blocks.

--------------------
I like cars.

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey custom, your making 850 hp with a cam thats a little bigger than this guys? Mid .500 lift? I think that duration is advertised. If you are your a MOFO!!!! Why should I pay Billy Glidon 50k for a motor when you can do it with Mid.500 lift!!!......LOL

--------------------
I like cars.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those heads and that intake are really limiting your potential Albert.

Yellow, Herman Moi makes right at around 800-850hp with a 580 lift cam and 240 at 50.

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

who dat?

--------------------
I like cars.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dat is the Chinese guy that just moved back up here from San Diego.

He has the dark dark purple LX with the saleen side skirts and saleen wing.

The car with the CHUTE on it I dont know if you have seen him yet he has only been back a couple weeks and only been to sac once

9.40s at I think 140 something

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Everyone will remember him by his retired race car the Capri with 93 GT graphics red with white stripesthat is his street car now.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

So,he is making 850 NA? Because thats what I was talking about. In a small block or big block? Are they Prostock heads? Whats the seceret of his power.

--------------------
I like cars.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Zimmerman isnt making his hp NA
Albert isnt making his hp NA
Herman isnt making his hp NA
I dont make my hp NA

I must have missed it when you said NA, matter of fact you didnt.

Also there is no way in hell a B50 sportsman 5.0L 8.2 deck block is going to live under 700 hp.

I have put one together and all they are is higher nikel and a little beefier main webbing and that is IT.

An R 302 or an A 4 is a beefy piece.

Not even the boss 302 production block (4 bolt main) is a 700 hp piece for very long

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

You have to read my mind to fully understand what I am talking about!...LOL From what Custom posted i took it as that is what he making on his engine!
I know of a few guys that have had the old sportsman block. I cant remember the part number but it was the one they made and dicontinued about 2 years ago. But they were making a dyno proven 750hp.It went through at least 40 chassis pulls and probably a year and half of track shit.Granted they were not squeezing the shit out of it and they new what they were doing. I think my friend still has that engine. Does not use it anymore because he blew it up trying to build his own n2o system from scratch! dont know why it worked except that some people are lucky with there shit i guess. I know Im not! Thats why I have the w351 block.

--------------------
I like cars.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Eric I have a block at my house that survived 606 rwhp dyno pulls and lived.

Unfortuneately the motor was starved of fuel on cylinders 5 and 6 and that cause a piston failure which lead to a damaged cylinder bore. It could have been sleeved but I chose not to.

It is/was a 30 over STOCK mustang block. Just standard production crap machined really nice.

So you have the few rare mules.

Im talking making 60 passes and driving it on the street if it is a street car etc etc.

I guess if it is a race only machine that is meticulously maintaned probably seeing an oil change every 5 passes and never having to deal with stop and go cold/hot cylces and yadda yadda yadda.

I myself am taking my motor apart to go with an R302 block.

I was thinking about putting a 9.5 block in it but my rotating assembly is for an 8.2 block.

I also noted that the R302 block is beefier than even the 351 sportsman (which is still a very nice and very strong block)so that is my choice now.

I dont think there is anyone out there making 800hp naturally aspirated with a small block ford and under 600 lift cam.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Thats what I am going to shoot for on my next beast. Under .600lift small block 800hp! I bet I could get rich figuring that out!....RIGHT!!!

--------------------
I like cars.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Albert1:
Alright my car is just about complete. It has a sportsman block dss main support eagle h beam rods eagle crank. All are forged steel. JE inverted dome pistions, compression about 8.7, Edlebrock perfromer heads with the exhaust ports completly ported and the combustion cambers worked. 1.6 roller rocker, crower cam 288 298 duration and 512 531 lift and a 110 lobe separation, edlbrock perfromer upper and lower intake with it matched to the heads, 50lb injectors, aeromotive comp fuel system kit, 80mm mass air meter, vortech S-trim with a race bypass valve, anderson power pipe and a 2.95 pulley on it. It has bbk shorty headers and a fluidyne aluminum radiator. I probably missed a couple of things but what do you think this car will run with a good tune?

How much hp do you think it will have to the wheels?
It also has all the msd stuff 6al and the other goodies
Albert

Sounds like a decent setup so far, but those heads and intake are for an average 302... not enough for a stroker. You need something closer to Victor jr heads and victor intake for that combo.

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know the heads are limiting me for power but when you are out of money you are out of money. Just dumped last dollars into a fuel system radiator and 50lb injectors.
Do you think the sportsman block can handle the power I am going to give it?
Albert

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It will make somewhere in the low 500's RWHP. A sportsmen will handle it just fine.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com