Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » H pipe Install???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: H pipe Install???
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on the install of a BBK H-pipe. I know its not going to be hard but sometime having some tips from poeple that have done it b4 can save time. Thanks

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you'll probably need a swivel (universal) and a pretty long extension to reach the header collector bolts from underneath.

other than that, just some ordinary cussing and sweating.

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A swivel is a must for the passenger side. I know on my cobra I needed a 15 mm deep socket to get to that nut. I also suggest getting a new stock gsket from ford to go on the passenger side. Have fun with those O2 sensors. Good luck

Pete

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
crows foot is nice for the 02 sensors... and universals will be required for the left passenger side manifold bolt.. other than that.. it's easy

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thankk god my dad has just about every tool known to man!!! cuz i dont know to many people with crows feet but i do have them. Thanks for the help

PS And i have tons of kroil for the so it should be a prob to get the nuts off Kroil is the best thing since sliced bread [worship]

--------------------

Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i couldnt put my h pipe on becuase the studs were comming out from the top of the headers. they arnt supposed to do that. I need my dad to tavk weld them so i can get those tight fuggers off. make sure you have jacks, MILS, and time! Its the biggest bitch to out on bro. the nwe stangs have NO room for movement. Make sure your oareants arnt around becuase your going to be doing a lot of cussing.
Posts: 2202 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well one my dad would just laugh at me cussing and two i dont think i'm gonna need jacks cuz I probably use my buddies lift

--------------------

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
helps if you have a jack
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

quote:
Originally posted by 1SicgrnGT:
I need my dad to tavk weld them so i can get those tight fuggers off.

I take it thats tack weld??? and how would that help you get them off? Are they spinning????

--------------------

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:

I take it thats tack weld??? and how would that help you get them off? Are they spinning????

Yeah...if the bolts were welded to the headers it would make life a hell of a lot easier because its real damn hard to get your hand or a socket up behind the header flange to hold the screw. I just helped my buddy put his on a few days ago and we were using a lift and it was still a bitch. Its pretty self explanitory for the whole thing. You may want a new gasket for the passenger side and be careful that you dont mess up the 02's when you take them off.

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

why do I need just the passenger side gasket?

--------------------

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
why do I need just the passenger side gasket?

you'll see when you get under the car, you only need one. the header on the drivers side ends in a round shape and the pipe just fits over it and when you tighten it up it makes a good seal. On the passenger side the collector is flat i think, so you need a gasket in between.

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:

you'll see when you get under the car, you only need one. the header on the drivers side ends in a round shape and the pipe just fits over it and when you tighten it up it makes a good seal. On the passenger side the collector is flat i think, so you need a gasket in between.

Thanks, I new there had to be a good reason!

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com