Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » windsor woes...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: windsor woes...
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Lightning's running rich as hell.

I'm thinking that my fuel pressure reg. may be busted or I need to time it. At idle it's fine, but when the gas pedal meets the floor I smokecreen the car in the next lane and constantly have to clean the side of the truck .

Prolly just take it to a shop; hate to do that tho.

Thanks [worship]

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
*coughvalveguidescough*

same 'mint' lightning in the 'ForD' sale forums?

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its black smoke I assume/hope?

Have you checked the obvious stuff like a vacuum leak to the fuel pressure regulator? Any computer codes?

yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Its black smoke I assume/hope?

Have you checked the obvious stuff like a vacuum leak to the fuel pressure regulator? Any computer codes?

I was thinking of replacing the FPR, I'll check for leaks.

Shadetree> it's black not gray smoke; and yeah it's that "clean" L in the For(d) sale forum but you're not gonna buy it so don't trip . Prolly end up trading it in; but I prefer to sell the vehicle to someone who appreciates Lightnings. Either way it's gone in 3 months.

Oh yeah, the fact that it's been sitting in the garage for almost 3 months probably doesn't help.

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gray smoke? lol give me a break. anyways, burning oil=black.

grey smoke= lightly burning oil.

of course, could be pig rich. easy way to get that (I can duplicate this at will) is to force a vacuum leak, the O2 sensors freak out, trips the check engine light, and dumps fuel faster than you can burn it.

bingo black smoke.

another 'classic' valve guide tipoff is smoke on decelleration. Tach it to 4500 or so in gear (works best on a manual), then let off. got smoke? [worship]

btw, I definitely appreciate lightnings. don't know where you got that idea. I've almost bought one several times.

[ March 13, 2002: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com