Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Best Tires?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Tires?
ScuEleanor
¯
Member # 785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScuEleanor  Ford pictures for ScuEleanor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I have a 67' Mustang that I am putting 17x8 wheels on. I was wondering what would be the BEST Z-rated tire brand to put on my car? thanks

David

Posts: 77 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If money is not a factor go with pirelli p-zero's or dunlops z rated. Both companies offer great z rated tires. With me money is always a factor so on my Cobra I run 255\40 Nitto 555. This is an awesome tire and the 255 fits nice on the 8 inch rim. Nitto's have one of the biggest footprints and are great in the rain and especially the dry weather. They run about 140$ a tire out of Discount Tire Direct. Hope this helped.

Pete

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It matters what you plan on doing. Are you going to road race or auto cross? Drag race or weekend warrior. The Pirelli's ride harder and are better for track stuff. I just bought some nitto 555 and love them they feel a little softer and seem to grip better. I heard yokahama makes a good tire also.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, the Pzeros are a road race tire...but they work good in that department....those are what Saleen comes with. I tried to drag with those at first and that got me nowhere...literally. I'm running Yokohama AVS sports YZ rated and I'm pretty happy w/ them. I'd also try some BFG's, they seem to have alot of good feeback.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
lowerd96
¯
Member # 515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lowerd96  Ford pictures for lowerd96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like my Bridgestone SO-2's.

--------------------
2002 F-350, Standard Cab, XLT, Power Stroke Diesel, 4x4, 6 speed....4" exhaust, 80 hp chip...

1988 Bronco, 351W, C6, 6inch lift, 36 Swamper TSL's, 35 spline 9 inch rear, disk brakes, Detroit Locker, ARB Air Locker Front, 4:10's, 8 point cage.

1981 Toyota SR5 Longbed, 22re, 5spd, Marlin Crawler Dual Cases, 4.88 high pinions w/ detroits f/r, High Steer, 5 inch Alcan's, 33 Swamper TSL's....

ScuEleanor
¯
Member # 785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScuEleanor  Ford pictures for ScuEleanor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the advice. I am planning on running the car mostly on the street, taking it to the track a couple of times, but I want good traction. I probably won't drive the car in the rain.

David

Posts: 77 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v6mustanglover  Ford pictures for v6mustanglover  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If money is really an issue then go with kumho! They seem to be the best for your money.

--------------------
Adam
2004 F150 Crew Cab
6" and 35's

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com