Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need New Motor...Need Help!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need New Motor...Need Help!
Manny
¯
Member # 23

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Manny  Ford pictures for Manny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, this is the deal.

My brother's 95GT motor seems to just have reached the end. Its heating up and looks like the antifreese/water is getting mixed-up with the oil like if water is inside of engine. So my ? is what do you guys think? Should he get a new engine or re-built it? Any ideas ot suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Gabe if you read this, let me know what you think.

Thanks!

--------------------
Manny...

Posts: 495 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the oil milkey? Sounds like a blown head-gasket to me. I am sorry to hear that Manny, that sucks.

Depending on the money, gas mileage he wants, and what he uses the car for you have an array of options.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, sounds like a head gasket. Don't leave the antifreeze oil in there too long, it'll rust the bearings and you'll be in real trouble then. Pretty rare for it to blow a head gasket on an NA motor though.
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey manny, did the car overheat before you noticed the oily coolant?? I would just try to find a used motor for it. Let me know what you decide to do, i might be able to help out.

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Manny
¯
Member # 23

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manny  Ford pictures for Manny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MilesMerk:
Hey manny, did the car overheat before you noticed the oily coolant?? I would just try to find a used motor for it. Let me know what you decide to do, i might be able to help out.

Miles what do you think is better to do, get a new/used engine or try to fix the blown gasket?.....and yes, it overheated before we noticed. We thougt it was running low on antifreeze, but when we started to put the water in it just kept on sucking it in. Let me know if you know where we can get good used or new engine or what would be the best think to do. Thanks!

--------------------
Manny...

Posts: 495 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Manny,
Don't fuck around.
Call Dan Starkey at 925-570-8620 if you need a rebuild.
He is more then fair, and does wonders with rebuilds.
He just did my motor, and I am more then happy.
I would recommend him to my own brother.......
Brother!
Call me at home if you want to talk about it.
657-8665
Ted

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
twelveflat
¯
Member # 875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twelveflat  Ford pictures for twelveflat    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a TSB on head gaskets for 302's in that year. Check with your dealer maybe you have a warranty claim. I believe they cover vehicles with under a 100k miles.

--------------------
Thanks
Dan

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check with your dealer but 7 years later they are probably gonna tell you to get fucked.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com