Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » After driving about a hundred miles car starts acting up popping in the intake!!!WTF

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: After driving about a hundred miles car starts acting up popping in the intake!!!WTF
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone help me out!!!! I dont have a clue on this one...

After going on stang cruise, 2 hour drive car starts acting up wont idle. It pops in the intake to, After I let it sit for about and hour or so Starts up and runs normal!!!!!

I had no problems with my car from the start runs awsome untill I drive it for and extended amount of time!!!

Im clueless on this one!!!!!!!!

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your fuel pump is overheating.

Replace it.

Those are the symptoms.

It will pass a pressure test, but it fails due to overheating.

I had one plaque me for about a year.

Wait till summer and you are low on fuel it will really act up. Especially in traffic.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanx!! Im leaning towards that to because it is tha factory pump...

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.jdsperformance.com has good prices on fuel pumps.
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ike, I see you made it home, I tried calling to make sure. I put the video together of the cruise today. I'll put it on cd and give it to you this week.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Sweet Ill look forward to it!!!! I made it home ok!! I had to let it sit for about thirty minites though so I could make it the rest of the way.... I figured it was going out anyways, it is the factory pump!! Im going to be putting in a 255lph high flow. Thanks to Jds performance>>

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com