Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » good lowering springs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: good lowering springs
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who makes some good lowering springs for the 01' cobra's?? Im gonna need to get some springs like the first day after i get the 03', so just thought id see what everybodys opinions were. i think the 01' and 03' springs should be about the same.

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eibach sportlines or prokit

--------------------
Support our troops!

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know if H&R makes them for the new cobras but I love mine. It sits low and rides nice. If your just looking for good handling I would say H&R. From other post:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
Have you looked into H&R springs? They are really nice! Maybe its just me but I'm starting to see more poeple on here with them. I am not sure if they are better then the sportlines but it was just a thought. If anyone knows which are better please do tell me cuz I would like to know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are both good springs, but if you are concerned with handling more than looks you would do well with the H&R's. I have the Race springs and they ride great and I still have crappy ass stock struts and shocks even though they need to be replaced. The rates of the springs is what makes or breaks a set of lowering springs. The rates on the Eibachs are just a bit higher than stock which is ok if you don't mind it riding like just stock.
It will handle a little better but that is mostly because the car is at a lower ride height with a lower center of gravity.
But if you are gonna be trying to rip canyons and stuff go with H&R's... The H&R springs have rates much higher than stock which actually smoothes the ride.
You will need better shocks or struts with them, and the C/C plates are optional but you won't regret getting these springs.

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: ihatethesesns ]

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want to go for a ride and see what they are like just let me know.

--------------------

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Miles
Ask jstgvup for a ride.
He has eiback prokit. It looks good and the ride is not to stiff.
I don't think eibach offers a sportline for the newer cobras. I know the sportlines give you about 1/2 more drop, but ride stiffer.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool, right on! Pro kit eibachs sound cool. When when my delivery date is a little closer, i might tayou guys up on those rides, to see which i like for sure. Thanks for the info!

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

btw I'm in livermore if you didnt know. I should be at in n out on sat. if my exhaust is done, so if your noty doing anything stop by.

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
eibach sportlines are crap... the rear springs will start to sag just from drag racing
other stangs with the pro-kits look exactly the same up front

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Oh a little tip that you may already know, keep the stock rear ones if you get stiffer springs. That way you can change them b4 you go to the track cuz its not that hard to change them out. Weight transfer!!!! just a thought!

--------------------

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Youre gonna be at in&out this sat night? I might cruise out there, check it out. How hard are the springs to change on a 01-03' (cobra)? Ive never even looked underneath one of these, so i have no clue whats involved (forgive my ignorance!!)
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

I have no clue on the cobra, but I'll be out there I am every other weekend

--------------------

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the Steeda sport springs and its lowered 1.25, Rides really good but is still firm. Looks good and I have no clearance problems. Really nice springs and you will not blow out your stock shocks. Had mine 18 months and still on the stock shocks. Hope this helps.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

98GTpro
¯
Member # 411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98GTpro  Ford pictures for 98GTpro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get some BBK coil overs.....they ride sweet!

--------------------
1998 GT
2 Chamber Flows
Eibach Sportline Springs
Steeda U/D Pullies
Steeda Caster/Camber Plates
Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw
FMS 3.73s

Posts: 71 | From: Pleasanton, California | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got no problems with my eibach sportlines at all. but i am changin over to bags. i want my shit even lower. i figure i aint goin fast might as well make it look cool

--------------------
2001 sivler metallic v6 stang
The Sic Crew's Chic Magnet
Ford Service Tech/Sequioa Student
click this link http://www.pylon1.com/cobra/1sicstang_new02.jpg

R.I.P Miles "ull be in my prayers and thoughts" 12/13/79-12/08/02

Posts: 1729 | From: livermore,ca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SimonSez
¯
Member # 418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SimonSez  Ford pictures for SimonSez    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Todd...when you switch to bags sell me your sportlines!

--------------------
[img]http://home.attbi.com/~sjnewell/SimonSez1.gif[/img]

MODS
Modified Air Silencer, K&N, o/r h-pipe, magnaflows, BBK underdrive pulleys, CDC Lightbar.

Posts: 79 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok

--------------------
2001 sivler metallic v6 stang
The Sic Crew's Chic Magnet
Ford Service Tech/Sequioa Student
click this link http://www.pylon1.com/cobra/1sicstang_new02.jpg

R.I.P Miles "ull be in my prayers and thoughts" 12/13/79-12/08/02

Posts: 1729 | From: livermore,ca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com