Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » My driver's seat is all but dead...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My driver's seat is all but dead...
BADSTNG
¯
Member # 899

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for BADSTNG  Ford pictures for BADSTNG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OI! Wouldn't you know it, I'm cruizin` down Fairoaks Blvd just past San Juan and I see rice. I floor it knowing I can out power him and take him in the long turn...during the coarse of the turn my right seat mount breaks and the seat (with me in it) tilts to the right hard ...still kicked the ricers ass but now I need a new seat mount/base/seat whatever is cheapest. Any idea on where I can go for this stuff? Ford Recycler doesn't have any in stock. Anyone have one to sell?

--------------------
3.73s
Flowmaster Mufflers
K&N, air silencer removed
2" drop
FMS 9mm plug wires
RiceKiller (The lizard)
[img]http://www.digidistributors.com/rk/rk2.jpg[/img]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm confused as to what part actually broke. Is the mount in/under the floor pan okay?
BADSTNG
¯
Member # 899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BADSTNG  Ford pictures for BADSTNG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
I'm confused as to what part actually broke. Is the mount in/under the floor pan okay?

The seat has 4 mounts that mount it to the floor of the car, the right rear mount broke right above the mounting bolt. The seat was bad since day one, it cracked and broke upfront and I think the stress of that crack stressed the right rear mount and broke it. I am going to try an JB weld it until I can find a seat and or mounting bracket. Any Ideas, think the JB weld will hold it for a while?

--------------------
3.73s
Flowmaster Mufflers
2" drop
FMS 9mm plug wires
RiceKiller (The lizard)

kitty
¯
Member # 829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty  Ford pictures for kitty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats what you get!! Bad Karma for being a lier!! I am still hella mad for what you did, steve. I can't believe that you actually feel like you need to protect me from shit when I was the one that even got you interested in the whole Mustang seen.
But its ok I see how it is. [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag]

--------------------
~*~Luv Cat.
Mods:
Chrome 17" cobra rims
k&n
clear rear lights
Saleen Kit
99 cobra hood
black leather interior
custom sound system

Posts: 407 | From: Sacramento, Ca. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
96WhiteSnake
¯
Member # 229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96WhiteSnake  Ford pictures for 96WhiteSnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kitty:
Thats what you get!! Bad Karma for being a lier!! I am still hella mad for what you did, steve. I can't believe that you actually feel like you need to protect me from shit when I was the one that even got you interested in the whole Mustang seen.
But its ok I see how it is. [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag]

or is that what he gets for racing a ricer. J/k, sorry to hear bout the seat, but ill bet it woulda been some funny shit to see you racing and come busting outta your seat, but props for whinning the race despite the seating problem [worship]

--------------------
-Robb
Currently ridin a-
***80 Gray RX7
OLD Rides
*96 White Cobra, black int
*93 Black 5.0, black top & int
*89 White 5.0, black top & gray int

Posts: 402 | From: San Jo/ SLO | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
BADSTNG
¯
Member # 899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BADSTNG  Ford pictures for BADSTNG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kitty:

K, um this is the tech forum...if you have a problem with me you know my email. if not, its badstng@attbi.com.

[ March 05, 2002: Message edited by: BADSTNG ]

--------------------
3.73s
Flowmaster Mufflers
2" drop
FMS 9mm plug wires
RiceKiller (The lizard)

S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're interested I've got a power driver's seat bracket I pulled out of my cobra somewhere in my garage, also have a set of black leather factory seats, in ok condition.

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls
Stuttgart, Ingolstadt & some on order

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
kitty
¯
Member # 829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty  Ford pictures for kitty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
~*~Luv Cat.
Mods:
Chrome 17" cobra rims
k&n
clear rear lights
Saleen Kit
99 cobra hood
black leather interior
custom sound system

Posts: 407 | From: Sacramento, Ca. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281Cobra:
If you're interested I've got a power driver's seat bracket I pulled out of my cobra somewhere in my garage, also have a set of black leather factory seats, in ok condition.

Kevin

If he doesn't take it man let me know. My left rear mount twisted a while back and it just broke a couple weeks ago and finding a replacement has me looking at all new seats... I would try the JB weld since I think that will do it, but the pieces are actaully a bit twisted as well as broken.
Thanks man

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
BADSTNG
¯
Member # 899

quote:
Originally posted by S281Cobra:

Kevin

How much you asking for the power drivers mount?

--------------------
3.73s
Flowmaster Mufflers
2" drop
FMS 9mm plug wires
RiceKiller (The lizard)

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know somebody who is selling an almost brandnew Corbeau Racing seat. It's the Targa Rs style. Like $400+ new....He'll sell it cheap...in perfect shape..with the mustang bracket! Let me know.

Jack

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make me an offer, I need to start clearing out some junk to make room for my new toy.

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls
Stuttgart, Ingolstadt & some on order

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com