Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » SuperCharger???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SuperCharger???
SilverSuzy
Member # 568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverSuzy  Ford pictures for SilverSuzy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm looking into getting a supercharger, but i hate the wind that they make, i think powerdyne's do not make the wind noise but i'm not sure how they hold up...thanks for the info
-chris

--------------------
2001 Silver GT
2 chamber flows, K&N airfliter, Tri-ax Shifter, Steada Strut Tower Brace...

Posts: 7 | From: Danville, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man I love my whine and there's nothing like a nice 8 71 whine Since you dont like it, look into the vortech sq-trim vortech is a really nice blower and you can't here the sq for shit. just my 2 cents

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SilverSuzy:
i'm looking into getting a supercharger, but i hate the wind that they make, i think powerdyne's do not make the wind noise but i'm not sure how they hold up...thanks for the info
-chris

what?? who doesnt like the whine?? everyone should [Worship] to the whine. Just make sure you dont sacrafice reliability and good power for a brand that will cause you problems but save you from the whine. It's hard to go wrong with Vortech. Good luck with your project

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unregistered  Ford pictures for Unregistered    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree, i havent heard the greatest things about powerdyne. i would go with vortech or procharger.

--------------------
2001.5 Audi S4

Posts: 1785 | From: Livermore | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they sq just have diferent cut gears thats why its not as loud but they are not as strong as the straight cut gears. they also have ones that are belt drive but i have "heard" to many good things about them.

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

2001s281
¯
Member # 653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2001s281  Ford pictures for 2001s281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe you should look into a roots type supercharger, it doesn't make a whine noise and gives you a ton of low end torque. it won't give you as much top end HP. look into kenny brown they have a new roots type supercharger, that's suppose to be bad ass. look into the new v screw from eaton/saleen, when they release it.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com