Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 88 LX ECU?!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 88 LX ECU?!
Mike
¯
Member # 59

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for Mike  Ford pictures for Mike    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy is trying to install a Jet Superchip in his 88 LX. He looked in the same spot where I took the chip out of my 91 GT,and he located the ECU,but he cant find the slot in the box where the chip plugs into...anyone have any suggestions on where it plugs in on an 88?

--------------------
1998 Mystic Teal Z28 M6

Posts: 411 | From: Fremont,CA US | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The port is on the opposite side as to where the 64 pin connector plugs into the EEC. It is covered by a piece of tape/sticker that says warrenty viod of seal is broken.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with the chip. Just install a 180 thermo and bump the timing 2 degrees.

Mike
¯
Member # 59

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike  Ford pictures for Mike    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Sawson...I dont see why it would be in a different spot then on my 91,but he claims its not there. Ill have to check it out.

--------------------
1998 Mystic Teal Z28 M6

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have him completely take out the EEC-IV out of the car and look for the sticker to peel off so he can install the chip.

So whats new with you?

Mike
¯
Member # 59

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike  Ford pictures for Mike    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well,I moved to Pleasanton back in September,but things didnt work out,so now Im back in Fremont. I picked up an 87 LX 4 cylinder auto. I needed some wheels,and it was cheap,and pretty clean. Im savin my cash up for another fifty most likely. How is your ride?

--------------------
1998 Mystic Teal Z28 M6

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com