Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Got the recording of my Spintech.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got the recording of my Spintech.
j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know how good of quality these are, but enjoy!

This is when I started the car this morning, recorded from the inside.

This is when I beat the crap out of a Jetta coming out of my apartment complex.

This was revving the engine up to 6k from the outside. I hope this recording doesn't suck. I haven't listened to it yet.

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it sounds cool, kinda reminds me a little bit like borlas.
Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FordPny:
I think it sounds cool, kinda reminds me a little bit like borlas.

I was thinking the same thing the first time I heard it.

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much did they cost are they full catbacks and have you heard them on 5.0
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
how much did they cost are they full catbacks and have you heard them on 5.0

I have them on my 5.0 and love them, but I haven't found my recording of it yet. I'm still looking......

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MRBiggs:

I have them on my 5.0 and love them, but I haven't found my recording of it yet. I'm still looking......

Cool, I really want to hear them. Did you feel a difference, I also want to get turnodowns so will it sound that much different.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

GTChink
¯
Member # 293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTChink  Ford pictures for GTChink    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds good...me like.

--------------------
1999 GT Twin Screwedsold.

Posts: 477 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Cool, I really want to hear them. Did you feel a difference, I also want to get turnodowns so will it sound that much different.

I haven't heard them on a car w/ turndowns but if you want loud get the Sportsmans. I have the Sportsman XL's. But be warned Sportsmans are loud !!!!!!

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How good are these SPINTECH mufflers?? Im not really familiar with them. How do they flow compared to flows/ dynomax?? Sounds pretty quiet on the sound clip..

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They don't sound much louder than my magnaflows. But it does sound good.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
roseville5oh
¯
Member # 406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roseville5oh  Ford pictures for roseville5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MilesMerk:
How good are these SPINTECH mufflers?? Im not really familiar with them. How do they flow compared to flows/ dynomax?? Sounds pretty quiet on the sound clip..

I've only heard good things about them. I called and talked to Ron at SpinTech yesterday and we talked briefly. He said the sportsman street XL's are close to a 3 chamber and the sportsman street's are between a 2 and 3 chamber. Based on what he told me, Winston Cup, ARCA, and Busch league run mainly the spintechs coupled with a Dr.Gas X. I think I'm gonna switch.

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

quote:
Originally posted by MilesMerk:

They flow really well since they are based on a race design.
I have had the flows and dynomax's before and these so far top them all in my book. I have had them on for almost a year with no problems.
Their louder mufflers aren't quite as loud as 2 chamber flows, but they sound great. If you want them loud run them with dumps or a side exit pipes, that wil be plenty loud for ya.
I got the XLs because I plan on doing a engine build this year and with heads, headers and an intake I knew it was gonna get louder.

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well I'm cant wait i made my appt for monday at 11 so hopefully the x pipe will come by then. Man am i gonna tell a differenc cuz i think my cats have been clogging up ever since i bought the car. So now it should be screaming

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
well I'm cant wait i made my appt for monday at 11 so hopefully the x pipe will come by then. Man am i gonna tell a differenc cuz i think my cats have been clogging up ever since i bought the car. So now it should be screaming

You are gonna love that setup. I heard that same setup on a blown 95 just before I got mine and that convinced me to get them.
It was during a exhaust contest at a car show and everybody was like "damn, what kind of exhast is that !!??"

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com