Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Spec clutch's

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Spec clutch's
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has anyone heard of the Spec clutch's? i've seen them in the 5.0 mag's and MM&FF mag's but never really heard anyone running this clutch. Can anyone pleas give me any info on this brand i will greatly appreciate it. Thanx in advance.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run the stage II. I have about 6K miles on it, and a few launches on slicks and drag radials. Spec stood behind their clutch even though I messed up the first one installing it and it was all my fault. The clutch is very streetable and doesn't chatter. My king cobra had slightly less pedal effort, but chattered on and off for the first year I had it.
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Couple people on the LS1/LT1 norcal board are running them on F-bodies. Jeremy Pfau is one that I know of for sure. I believe he had a slight problem but SPEC stood behind the clutch and replaced it free of charge. Seems to be good customer service at least. That's an A+ in my book... Centerforce would tell you to pound sand.

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a Stage 2 Clutch, Gabe(youl luz) runs a stage 3, brian(try2paz) bought a stage 3, pretty good price too! I got mine for 279 shipped for the stage 2.

[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: 2000BlackGT ]

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are pictures of my stage II:

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
I bought a Stage 2 Clutch, Gabe(youl luz) runs a stage 3, brian(try2paz) bought a stage 3, pretty good price too! I got mine for 279 shipped for the stage 2.

[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: 2000BlackGT ]

HEY WERE did you get your clutch at and do you now how much stage 3 goes for
thanks

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stage 3 is around 285 or so plus shipping.
I can't find my recipt. I bought it off corral on a group purchase. How's your motor going?

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Their website is Star Spec
Get the phone number and talk to Dave

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Stage 3 is around 285 or so plus shipping.
I can't find my recipt. I bought it off corral on a group purchase. How's your motor going?

the motor well it should be done in like 3 more weeks
its taking me longer couse iam haveing the heads port and polished,along with the cams reground and some new valves,and valve springs iam also looking for a bullit intake to put in it and I had to send my SC to paxton and have it rebuilt it was making some grinding noises
and was leaking oil through the seals

hey how good is the clutch how much HP does it hold

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

they said that the stage 2 is good to about 450 to the wheels with 7000RPM clutch drops. You should probably go with the Stage 3
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:

the motor well it should be done in like 3 more weeks
its taking me longer couse iam haveing the heads port and polished,along with the cams reground and some new valves,and valve springs iam also looking for a bullit intake to put in it and I had to send my SC to paxton and have it rebuilt it was making some grinding noises
and was leaking oil through the seals

hey how good is the clutch how much HP does it hold

Damn bro, I'm hearing 500 plus rwhp in your future. What fuel system did you go with?
High 10's on slicks

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:

Damn bro, I'm hearing 500 plus rwhp in your future. What fuel system did you go with?
High 10's on slicks

well iam goin to sump the tank and go with aeromotive fuel pump A1000
50# injectors
some aeromotive fuel rails or some one elses have not desided wich ones
fuel regulator #13101 FROM aeromotive
fuel lines well -10 to feed it and a -6 for return

iam hoping to get into low 11's high 10's on drags but will see might have to slap some slicks on to go 10's
if i get the bullit intake iam hoping for low 10's
shotting for 500-530 on pump gas and 540-580 on racing gas

but will see what happens

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

That HP seems just about right. I don't know about that fuel pump. Is that the same one Gabe has? I think he is having trouble, running out of fuel. talk to wikd281 about the pump.

--------------------

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

\\]-[-
quote:
That HP seems just about right. I don't know about that fuel pump. Is that the same one Gabe has? I think he is having trouble, running out of fuel. talk to wikd281 about the pump.

that pump should be good for about 700hp for forced induction wich is about 580 rwhp your right i might go to the next one higher wich is the eliminator fuel pump wich is about 900hp forced inducion but that means iam goin to have to buy a MSD voltage regulator for the fuel pump

thanks

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com