Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » good speed shop

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: good speed shop
2001s281
¯
Member # 653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2001s281  Ford pictures for 2001s281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am purchasing some bbk longtube headers and a mac cai kit does anyone know a good shop to have them installed. and which is better in everyones opinon mac cai or k&n filtercharger?
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Installation of BBK long tubes is not going to be cheap! expect $600+ for instalation.

I did them myself and wrote a how-to. here is the link:

http://www.fnsweet.com/garage/lt_install/index.shtml

I think there are several people on here who would assist you in the install.

If you want it done professionally. I recommend APEX Motorsports.

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya man i would find some people to help you do it cause it isnt worth paying sombody 600 just to do it. installing the headers is only like a 1 day job and if you have like 3 people workin on it then not even that. i had my headers installed in a day and that was only because my dam header had a hole by the colector so i had to find sombody to weld it.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
2001s281
¯
Member # 653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2001s281  Ford pictures for 2001s281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bullitt208:
Installation of BBK long tubes is not going to be cheap! expect $600+ for instalation.

I did them myself and wrote a how-to. here is the link:

http://www.fnsweet.com/garage/lt_install/index.shtml

I think there are several people on here who would assist you in the install.

If you want it done professionally. I recommend APEX Motorsports.

Eric

allright who can help? i'll buy the beer?

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When do you want to do it. If you're in San Jose you can't be to far from me. If I'm available I will definitely help. Do you have a garage and the right tools?

Eric

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: Bullitt208 ]

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
2001s281
¯
Member # 653

quote:
Originally posted by Bullitt208:
When do you want to do it. If you're in San Jose you can't be to far from me. If I'm available I will definitely help. Do you have a garage and the right tools?

Eric

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: Bullitt208 ]

i have a garage and i can get the tools, thanks for offering to help, how do you like the headers? did increase performance? how much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking? thanks david

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com