Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » u/d pulleys???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: u/d pulleys???
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok I see they're a lot of different companys out there making u/d pulleys, so is there one thats better then the next or is it more of just find one with a good price? What are you all using and what are the pros and cons? Thanks

P.S. can you run them with a vortech supercharger? I was reading this web site and the guy put the stock ones back on???

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: ihatethesesns ]

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

GTChink
¯
Member # 293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTChink  Ford pictures for GTChink    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most people get the Steeda ones because they are not piggyback type...I have them and there's no charging problems at all.
Also, if you plan to go with a Supercharger, then don't get them...
This is all I know..maybe someone else can get more into the details...

Oops..you already are supercharged..then you don't need u/d pulleys..

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: GTChink ]

--------------------
1999 GT Twin Screwedsold.

Posts: 477 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since your are superchraged already, you want a smaller pulley for your s/c. Which model do you have?

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
atlanticblue
¯
Member # 591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for atlanticblue  Ford pictures for atlanticblue  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Steeda pulleys are on the way as we speak. I asked around regarding the different brands and types such as aluminum or steel, etc. I went with the Steeda because they are billet steel. Some people say the aluminum wear over time, others love them for the look and they are lighter. Also the Steeda are not piggyback style as someone mentioned and the timing adjuster can be added. Don't have a supercharger but it seems people have to take the pulleys off when they go this route.

--------------------
2000 Atlantic Blue GT 5 sp

Mods so far include:

Hokuto,Turugi 17" chrome racing wheels,
245/45 zr 17" Goodyear tires
Steeda U/D Pulleys
High flow cats and Bassani X-pipe
Air cooled rotors
K & N air filter and removal of air intake silencer
Tinted windows

http://www.2000atlanticblue.corral.net/

Posts: 59 | From: Redding, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Since your are superchraged already, you want a smaller pulley for your s/c. Which model do you have?

I have the see s-trim. I am already having pinging probs so I'm gonna hold of on the s/c pulley. I would like to do it some day, but how long will the stock motor last with more then 9 psi? Cuz I cant afford building a new motor as of right now.

--------------------

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of fuel system do you have. Has wnyone done a dyno tune? You need to back off some timing or run 100 octane.

--------------------

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
What kind of fuel system do you have. Has wnyone done a dyno tune? You need to back off some timing or run 100 octane.

The fuel system is stock and what came with the vortech kit. If I didnt have my cats clog up on me I would have had my msd and then I could set up the timing. When ever I get off my @$$ and do my taxes then I will get the msd so I should have that in by next month. As for the dyno no I havent had it tuned. How much does it cost to have it tuned? I was kinda waiting too cuz I wanted to put some more things on the car b4 I have it tuned.

--------------------

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

I would buy at least 36ln injestors and get a MAF taht is calibrated for your car. What fuel pump are you running. Does your car ping with 100 octane?

--------------------

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

I havent tried 100 yet and as for the fuel pump I do believe its the stock with the vortech booster pump or what ever its called. I'm not to sure about the pump seeing that i bought it with the s/c already on it and it didnt even have a boost or fuel gauge. I dont think the person(s) that ownen it were really into cars that much

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com