Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How many here run Nitto 555r's?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How many here run Nitto 555r's?
PatrickZ28
¯
Member # 539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatrickZ28  Ford pictures for PatrickZ28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm just about to get some new tires and these seem the best to get for traction on the street. A question I have is though, if you don't do a burnout with them, how well do they stick? (like casual driving on the road... does it take a while for them to heat up???) Thanks for any info.

--------------------
'87 Honda Civic: Faster than $hit
'98 Z28: She does ok

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just got some 555R's, i havent really tested them out
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use the 555r's and I love them. I have got down to some high 1.8 60's with them at the track. Keep in mind that I'm running 315's. And to answer your question about burnouts and heating them up, they are like any drag radial. You have to smoke the piss out of them to get the to perfom. I have 2 things to advise you of. One, don't drop them below 18lbs cause they wont hook for shit and two, WHEN YOU GET TO THE WEAR MARKS GET NEW TIRES!!!!!!!!! Here is my car after tire neglect... http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/dwigg33_34/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.dnm=my+fucked+up+car3.gif&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/dwigg33_34/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

Not a pretty site.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got them. 255/45/17
They seem to hook okay on the street...not that I can really tell. I lose tracktion at the top of 2nd. I don't know that any other tire aside from a DR would hold any better.

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
PatrickZ28
¯
Member # 539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatrickZ28  Ford pictures for PatrickZ28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well actually my question was more of, how are they for daily driving? Will they stick at least decently without doing a burnout with them? Sorry I should have said that in the first post. Thanks for the responses guys.

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: PatrickZ28 ]

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: PatrickZ28 ]

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they hook decent when they're cold... but my $100 yokohamas hooked even better. they get better as they warm up and kick ass in the twisties

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com