Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Does anyone knopw how to get ahold of Transgo????? The # or something

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone knopw how to get ahold of Transgo????? The # or something
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need to get ahold of them to see if i can get a different tranny piston.. Because Im shifting into Od when i sould not be!!!

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dug up this old number, it very well could be out dated by now: 626/443-7456
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TransGo Performance
2621 Merced Ave.
El Monte, CA 91733
(626)443-4953
fax (626)443-1079

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanx for the help!!!!! im calling them in the morning!!! i was told that I have the wrong piston/servo in it I need to get a different one. So Im going to call see if they sell them seperate or something.....

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ike,
Where did you get this advice? The kit is supposed to cover '88-'93. Don't forget we could not put in a restrictor in the case since it is pressed into mine. Be sure to mention that to TransGo. Other than the shift into OD while in D how is it working?

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Its running awsome jim I was pulling a 2.1 60ft time. Its just that it kept shifting into Od that kept killing me. I will mention that to them to see what they have to say....
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hurry up and get it fixed I want to see that 13 second run. BTW Did you see 50 people got busted in vacaville for street racing.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

no I did not see that!!!!!!

I talked to transgo for a half and hour. The guy was very helpfull. The prob is that the valve body is not calibrated for the 373 gears. its calibrated for the factory gears that are in it.. So he is sending me some extra parts just in case i screw the old ones up trying to modify..

The prob is the 3/4 shift valve govener, its on the valve body itself. i need to drill the hole out to be 11/64 hole and I have to take off 30 thousandsths off of the spring in that valve to.

He said it is building to much press in there causing it to shift into OD. Buy doing this the press for the bypass will go down. resulting in letting D to hold out longer!!!!

Very good help!! He seems to know his shit!! And he said he gets these calls evry so often with the same prob. Its from increasing the horse power and dropping the gear ratio.... \

I cant argue with that!!!!

hey jim do you still have that instruction video??? If you do will you let me know??? So that way I will know what valev this 3/4 shift valve is THANX!!!!!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com