Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » siverado vs cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: siverado vs cobra
my_98
¯
Member # 863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for my_98  Ford pictures for my_98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Silverado vs. Cobra

Posted By: NO1GR8R On: 02/13/2002 @ 02:34:28 Reply | Edit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shoot, I'm kinda wondering about posting this from the response I see and get from some people on this site....but anyway....I was going down to a local cruise strip tonight, and on the way down there, I stopped at a redlight next to a pre-99 Cobra. I revved my truck up just a little, and he revved his car up...sounded pretty good.....so I revved mine up a little higher....and he did the same.....we sat there for a minute waiting for the light....it turned...I took off slow cause I usually spin pretty bad taking off....then he hit it...so I went for it....i punched it, and spun like hell...but he didnt gain much, and as soon as I caught traction, I started pulling on him....next thing I know...my buddy was yelling "holy shit, you're beating him" i looked in my side mirror and saw his headlights...I just about shit my pants....i hit 65 or 70 and let off....then a second later he flew by me and kept going.....funny as hell....I was surprised at my truck...
--
1990 Chevrolet Silverado 360...finally done
Check out my engine/truck and of course, my Camaro...
http://hemc.net/~mick
1995 Crown Vic Police Interceptor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: NO1GR8R On: 02/02/2002 @ 02:35:53 Reply | Top | Edit
oh, and to top it all off, a buddy of mine with a 95 eclipse gs-t with a bigger turbo, and a few other mods raced the same guy later on and just kept with him.....can't wait to get some times on my truck.....
--
Posted By: PongoX11 On: 02/02/2002 @ 03:26:54 Reply | Top | Edit
Nothing better then "Big Ass Truck" racing. Friend of mine has a '79 Ford F150 Custom, 351 with all kinds of shit done to it. Its sitting on 36" Tires but he can still pulls the front wheels off the ground when he stabs it in first. Nothen better then eating imports in a big ass truck.
--
Black '99 T/A, exhaust, tint, Chrome 18's and 19 years old with one hell of an insurance bill.

Posted By: eatschevycrapsmopar On: 02/02/2002 @ 11:51:10 Reply | Top | Edit
wow that is about the dumbest thing i've ever heard. stock silverado vs 97? cobra?? HAHAAHAHAHA -yeah you know those 300 hp 3400 lb cobras always loose to those 4500lb+ silverados w/probubly less than 300 hp. sniff sniff i smell i huge pile of bullshit!
Posted By: RealQuick On: 02/02/2002 @ 12:35:03 Reply | Top | Edit
He has a 360 in his silverado, and I dont think those were stock.
--

95Z M6 - Flowmaster 3" American Thunder, MTI CAI, Skip Shift Eliminator, IAT Relocator, Bosch Platinum 4+ Sparkplugs, TPIS Airfoil, Thunder Racing 75mm MAF Housing, Granatelli MAF, Maual Fan Switch, TB Bypass, Homemade Ram Air,1LE Tranny Mount, SLP Clutch Assy., B&M Ripper, SLP headers, y-pipe, off- road pipe, HPPIII, (3.73's, 160 Thermostat, T/A Girdle, MSD 8.5mm splg wires - not installed yet)
301rwhp & 338rwtq
http://members.fbody.com/RealQuick

Posted By: fiveliter On: 02/02/2002 @ 12:35:46 Reply | Top | Edit
Hey, believe what you want, he never said stock, and if you read, he has a 1990, obviously modded. I know a guy with a DIESEL truck that isn't street legal, but runs 9s. I love it when trucks out run cars.
--
1989 Ford Mustang LX Auto,
Performance: B-303 cam, Mac headers, Flowmaster Cat-back, 3.73 gears,
Apperance: 17x9 Cobra R rims, Grey 2001 leather seats
No times yet

1991 Ford Mustang LX 5-speed,
Performance: K&N, Mac cat-back, Aluminum Underdrive Pulleys, Aluminum Drive shaft, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hoosier slicks, Lakewood shocks, Tach w/lite
Apperance: stock
Best: 13.67 @ 99.5
New England Dragway.
Posted By: TheBreed On: 02/02/2002 @ 14:39:41 Reply | Top | Edit
My boss has an 86-90 not sure Silverado - beautiful truck - Modded out the ass that can run low 13's
--

94 Z28 -Some good mods - keep my sig short
Sucking Gas and Kickin Ass - "THE BREED RACING"

Posted By: Speedy84D On: 02/02/2002 @ 14:55:36 Reply | Top | Edit
These guys are right, You can get the new 8.1 liter chevy's that come stock with 350 horsepower and 480 foot pounds of torque and mod them up to about 400 horsepower and 520 foot pounds that ought to give some cars a run for their money.
--
84 Camaro 388 stroker. Pro Action heads, comp roller valvetrain, Victor Jr. Intake. 750 Speed Demon carb. 10.5:1 compression. And 175 shot of nitrous works nitrous. About 470 horses before the nitrous and alot more with. no time slip becasue there is no track within 8 hours.
Posted By: NO1GR8R On: 02/02/2002 @ 17:54:09 Reply | Top | Edit
Nope, never said it was stock bud....so that pile of bullshit you are smelling, you must be sitting on it son....
--
Posted By: skip On: 02/02/2002 @ 20:38:00 Reply | Top | Edit
actually the L18 has 340 hp and 455 lb*ft of torque. but it's at such a low rpm. you can get a big boost on those by getting new mufflers, the stock ones taper down from 2.5 to 1.75" inside the muffler.(roughly)
--
Black 2000 cavalier z24, 5spd
White 1984 camaro z28, 5spd
Posted By: 1989formula On: 02/11/2002 @ 02:31:39 Reply | Top | Edit
I THINK THAT IS CRAP I MEAN I LIKE FIREBIRD AND CHEVY BUT! I HAVE RIDIN IN A 95 COBRA THAT WAS FASTER THAN HELL NO MODS ANT THAT WAS A 95 ! YOU MIGHT HAVE STAYED SIDE BY SIDE BUT THERE IS NO WAY!
MY MODS.
-MOTOR. 350 NEW VETTE MOTOR
-NOS 150 SHOT
-STREET SLICKS
-4.11 POSI
-SHIFT KIT
-TRACTION BARS
Posted By: WS6FORDKILLER On: 02/11/2002 @ 14:05:26 Reply | Top | Edit
hey kid yer 15 and dont know what the hell your talking about so shut your trap!
--
NAVY BLUE '02 WS6 STOCK
BLACK'90 SUPRA N/A LOWERED 1.5 IN, 17 IN. RIMS
RED'85 CAMARO RS V8
NO MY PARENTS DIDNT BUY ANY OF IT
Posted By: NO1GR8R On: 02/11/2002 @ 16:39:22 Reply | Top | Edit
Thanks WS6Fordkiller.....and to 89 Formula....son, how would you know how fast my truck is....you haven't riden in it....I have riden in a 96 cobra myself...and a 2001 Saleen...and I agree both are fast as hell....but all I know was it was a cobra and that was backed up b/c a friend of mine raced him later on to and stayed next to him with his modded eclipse GST....one last thing....if you THINK i MIGHT have stayed with him, then by god, i MIGHT have BEAT his ass too ya little punk....think out what you say....why would I put that on this board if it wasnt true....
--
1990 Chevrolet Silverado 360...main engine work done
Posted By: NO1GR8R On: 02/11/2002 @ 17:14:37 Reply | Top | Edit
Oh, and to 1989Formula....What kind of corvette motor do you have? What does it have done to it engine-wise? What kind of intake system....exhaust....cam specs? and if this thing has 583 HP....lets see the dyno results.....I dont get why you come on here saying my story is bullshit....when yours is even more unbelievable....oh, and you lost to a "VIPER WITH NOS AND A TURBO".....and you're 15....hmmm....was your mommmy riding with you? son...how bout you back up what you say....go to my site...check out my engine....I don't have all the work done....but good enough that I am backed up on my work.....ok....now you can get back to your wet dreams boy.....

--
Posted By: TBone On: 02/11/2002 @ 17:33:09 Reply | Top | Edit
Nice Kill man, I belive you... trucks can be made really fast, it's just harder...

btw, I've seen quite a few "Cobras" that I've dusted by 30 car lengths.... some dumbasses like to put Cobra stickers on V6's with an exaust.
--
95 TA Convertible
Comp TA's, Free Mods, SLP CAI
13.8@102
Posted By: NO1GR8R On: 02/11/2002 @ 23:32:02 Reply | Top | Edit
yeah, thats what I thought it was at first....a V6....but then my buddy raced him in his modded Eclipse gst.....and stayed with him.....so I'm pretty sure it had to be a real one....or a really badass V6....and to think I was the one that built that engine.....the first one I've built so far.....just love that raw block power....
--
Posted By: TBone On: 02/12/2002 @ 00:24:30 Reply | Top | Edit
I don't think there is such a thing as a badass mustang V6

--
95 TA Convertible
13.8@102
Posted By: fiveliter On: 02/12/2002 @ 16:23:00 Reply | Top | Edit
The new V6s can go 14s stock, but other than that they suck. Its not too hard to beat a 96 Cobra, I would be pretty confident next to one in my car.
--
No times yet

Performance: K&N, Mac cat-back, Aluminum Underdrive Pulleys, Aluminum Drive shaft, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hoosier slicks, Lakewood shocks, Tach w/lite
New England Dragway.
Posted By: fastredtruck On: 02/12/2002 @ 22:22:46 Reply | Top | Edit
so then whats done to the truck. i got an 88 that runs low 15 high 14 on just the motor with cam intake headers and 4.10 gears. one other thing a 360 cube motor isnt a 6.2 its about a 5.9 like the mopars a 6.2 is a 388 do you have a 400 crank

buy the way guys i have fun beating the v6 f bodies and 3rd gen 305 but soon i should run low 12 or high 11
Posted By: NO1GR8R On: 02/12/2002 @ 22:29:31 Reply | Top | Edit
yeah, thats what I thought too....but I was told that it was 6.2 when you add up 5.7L to .060 bore on the 8 litres....i've been meaning to change the site to just the cubic inches since no one agrees on the other half....but anyway...its all block power....just bored, cam, headers, no gears yet, a few minor things....I still have some performance work to go to get me into low 13s like I want...heads, another cam.....this one isnt big enough, gears, slicks, supercharger or N2O later on....but since the majority of the work on the engine is done, I'm gonna worry about the looks more now....
--
Posted By: nosHappybrd On: 02/12/2002 @ 23:10:30 Reply | Top | Edit
no...no....no.......your truck looks alright stock. Sleeper. spend cash on more power and gears.......tricked out looking trucks are so 80's ish. you don't want to be all show and no go. remember "bullshit stops when the green light drops"..that is what you said
--
'95 formula, A4, 2.73:1, B&M shift +, '01 ws6 aluminum DS, K&N cai,'01 WS6 wheels, 275/40/17 kumhos, NOS-150 shot
Posted By: NO1GR8R On: 02/12/2002 @ 23:31:14 Reply | Top | Edit
yeah....dont get me wrong.....its quick...im surprised by it actually.....but I want to get a new hood for it...a tonneu cover, and some wheels...but I definately need to do some more performance stuff
--
Posted By: TBone On: 02/13/2002 @ 00:01:45 Reply | Top | Edit
a new Mustang V6 running 14's stock??? whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
--
95 TA Convertible
13.8@102
Posted By: WS6FORDKILLER On: 02/13/2002 @ 13:38:20 Reply | Top | Edit
i killed a new v6 in my supra and i know it doesnt run in the 14s. then i talked to the guy and he was embarrasse that i had a six!
--
NAVY BLUE '02 WS6 STOCK
BLACK'90 SUPRA N/A LOWERED 1.5 IN, 17 IN. RIMS
RED'85 CAMARO RS V8
NO MY PARENTS DIDNT BUY ANY OF IT
Posted By: RedHotZ On: 02/13/2002 @ 18:50:37 Reply | Top | Edit
I used to trash 5.0 Mustangs in my '89 Silverado. All I had was Straight exhaust... that's it... (and a BIG stereo) ... it was in High School... forgive me... hehehe and, it was lowered, and had HUGE tires (275/60/15)
--
95 Z28 -- Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster Muffler, Ported MAF, Homemade cold air / ram air system w/K&N, Hypertech coil, MSD SuperConductor 8.5 mm Wires, ACDelco Platinum plugs (.065 gap), 1LE Bellows, 160 Degree Powerstat, B&M Shift+, LT4KM
http://members.fbody.com/RedHotZ

"If speed kills, then Honda drivers will live forever!"

Posted By: fiveliter On: 02/13/2002 @ 19:23:08 Reply | Top | Edit
The V6s can go 14s stock. I've seen a 14.92 out of one, with bumped timing, removed spare and jack, and 1/4 tank of gas. I've also heard reports of high 14s, and Muscle Mustangs ran a car nearly Identical to the one I saw and it ran almost the same time (scary). Not all of them and certainly not the autos will go 14s, but then again not every LS1 will go 12s, but they do. Just something to think about.
--
No times yet

New England Dragway.

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why did you do that?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude, stop reposting this same stupid crap topic that nobodys cares about!! Damn, it was up here once and if you read the thread any, nobody cares!!
Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com