Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Suspension

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Suspension
THE COUG
¯
Member # 743

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE COUG  Ford pictures for THE COUG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just rebuilt the front end and put drag springs in and Granada front disc on. Rule number 138 always drive a car a couple of days before you cut the springs. That way it settles unlike what happened to me. I put the springs in without the shocks jumped up and down on the car (trying to settle them in to get the ride hight I wanted). Made my cut and it was perfect. When I backed the car down the driveway it dropped another inch
Then I blead the brake peddle seemed great drove the car and on the first hard brake test the peddle went almost all the way to the floor before the car stoped. There is no air in the line so what I think is the problem is there is not enough volume in the stock master and it is emptying the reservoir I don't know what master to use but I will call my trusty ford expert Jerry at ABC mustang in the morning
If anyone has experiance on the granada brakes on the old school mustang let me know,thanks

--------------------
Racing on fly paper is for pussies

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey John..
back wheni had my 641/2 i also did the granada disk brake swap.. keep in mind a also had the single piston reservoir (641/2 only) and i didnt have the problem that your having....did you bleed the lines at the top too? its a long shot but i have seen it where it needed to be bled there...

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
THE COUG
¯
Member # 743

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE COUG  Ford pictures for THE COUG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to bleed the system again and see what hppens. Thanks.
I have the dual reservoir so I was told it shouldn't be a problem thanks.

--------------------
Racing on fly paper is for pussies

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had to change resivors when I changed to the granada setup. I am not near my car but when I get home I will get the part number off of it.

--------------------
I like cars.

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did the granada swap on my 70 FB, and had no problems... just need to make sure you bleed the lines at the master.

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com