Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Meziere water pumps

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Meziere water pumps
BADSTNG
¯
Member # 899

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for BADSTNG  Ford pictures for BADSTNG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 96 GT had a problem last year of running really hot. I swapped out the radiator and had the intake replaced by ford under the recall. If this problem persists this summer, is the electric Meziere water pump a good pump for the 4.6 (or do they make one for the 4.6?)? Along that line if the car doesn't overheat is the electric water pump a good swap out to reduce drag on the engine?

--------------------
3.73s
Flowmaster Mufflers
K&N, air silencer removed
2" drop
FMS 9mm plug wires
RiceKiller (The lizard)
[img]http://www.digidistributors.com/rk/rk2.jpg[/img]

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is not very sensible on a street car.

Will take alot of modifications and I can guarantee you that it is not tested in rush hour traffic and 100,000 miles.

I realize LT1s and such have them but those are OEM type deals and meziere is meant for track use.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

kitty
¯
Member # 829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty  Ford pictures for kitty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Stevo!!!!!!!!!!!! luv your cuz. hehehe [Bling Bling]

--------------------
~*~Luv Cat.
Mods:
Chrome 17" cobra rims
k&n
clear rear lights
Saleen Kit
99 cobra hood
black leather interior
custom sound system

Posts: 407 | From: Sacramento, Ca. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
THE COUG
¯
Member # 743

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE COUG  Ford pictures for THE COUG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
An electric Water pump is just not practical on a street car. I switched to an edelbrock pump and my temps droped 30 degrees. The reason for this is because on 302/351 its common to develop steam pockets in the cooling system and the edelbrock pumps flow so much water they creat enough pressure to eliminate this problem!!! However they don't make one for the 4.6 yet!! I have freinds that use the csi pumps on the old school cars with succes but I would stick with o.e.m. on the 4.6!!
Good luck!!

--------------------
Racing on fly paper is for pussies

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com