Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What's this noise?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What's this noise?
MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aight, today I went to go get my windows tinted....had no problem before this at all. Anyways, I go to pick up my car (91 Mustang GT) and the dude has the hood popped and is trying to recharge the battery cuz it won't start. I'm like wtf? So he tries charging it with the little portable charger and aint shiet happening. We take it outside and use his van to jump it and it works fine. I didn't think there would be any more problems. I get home and turn off my car and there's this buzzing noise coming from under the rear of the car by the gas tank. It sounds like when you turn your key forward a little, but don't actually start it. It keeps buzzing like there's still something running off the battery, even when I take out my key. If I start the car, sometimes it will go off when I turn it off. At one point, I did shut the glove compartment door and it turned off. I have a kill switch located in there if that gives a hint to anything that might be going on. My aol im name is Blem20 and my yahoo im name is mcgag ... if you guys can help me at all as to what this problem might be, I'd appreciate it.

--------------------
2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is your fuel pump bro and it sounds like those morons cut a wire or something. My guess is you have a short or you are grounded out somewhere. I would make those bastards pay for it.

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the help. They did disconnect the wire going to the rear defroster so they could put the tint on, which I had to put back on. Is something f'd up there?

--------------------

j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MustyTang:
Thanks for the help. They did disconnect the wire going to the rear defroster so they could put the tint on, which I had to put back on. Is something f'd up there?

That would not cause that. Damn d00d, did you take it to budget-ass tint? Is it still doing it?

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

I was messin with it earlier and I think it has to do with my kill switch wiring. It hasn't been making the buzzing noise, but the kill switch doesn't work. If I press the little red button next to the switch, it turns off...but I can still turn the car on after that. I don't think it has to do with the guys over at the tint place. They do good shiet. I dunno...I bought the car about a month ago...maybe it was ready to screw up. Oh well, I'll fix it sooner or later.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com