Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Jesse injector problem.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Jesse injector problem.
Roush2960
¯
Member # 672

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush2960  Ford pictures for Roush2960    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok Though he had it to day and now it appears to be something in exhaust valve or timing. He starts his car and it idles for about ten min w.no prob. Little bits of white smoke, after ten mins or so you can smell gas at the rear pipes and small drops of gas comming out of pipes. He can rev motor and the big plume of white smoke comes out.

The car idles fine the hole time and no check engine lights ever come on. I am not a great mech. just had some old school shade tree mech. instructions. But it appears to me to be a bad seat to exhaust valve or timing issue.

Dose any one elese have a idea for this problem.??

[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: Roush2960 ]

Roush2960
¯
Member # 672

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush2960  Ford pictures for Roush2960    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bumping to get this active again. All problem we noticed today. He is tinking of replacing motor if problem is bad enough. Please Help-.
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for posting this Matt.

I would appreciate any help that any of you can give me.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cracked head or block if it is not a head gasket.

Also are there any water ports running through the intake??

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
cracked head or block if it is not a head gasket.

Also are there any water ports running through the intake??

When I pulled the upperintake it looked fine. No signs of water or anything in it.

I forgot to mention- I tried a new injector and it still dumped gas. I flipped the electronics so that the #5 and 6 cylinders were getting gas when the other one was supposed to. This caused it to dump gas into the #5 cylinder. This makes me think that it might be an electric problem, but I am not really sure.

Jesse

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

TTT
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're still spraying gas, but you took the fuse out for the fuel pump?

My bet is you have a blown headgasket based on what little I've read about your problem online.. What color was the smoke from the pipes? Compression checks are over rated and don't tell you much. A leak down test tells you more of the story.

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
You're still spraying gas, but you took the fuse out for the fuel pump?

My bet is you have a blown headgasket based on what little I've read about your problem online.. What color was the smoke from the pipes? Compression checks are over rated and don't tell you much. A leak down test tells you more of the story.

No, I put the fuse back and started the car up. The smoke is white, and kind of thick when I rev the car.

I understand that it is difficult to diagnose the car without ever seeing it. I appreciate the help and suggestions that everybody has given.

Jesse

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com