Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Spout Connector

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Spout Connector
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 1991 efi auto gt. Do you absolutley have to dissconnect the spout connector to adjust the timing. I never did and i was wondering if the computer would just reset the timing back to 10 degrees when i set it to about 12-13 degrees?

I should probably check it again.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes you do. It takes about two seconds to do and the connector is right there, so whats the problem? When you remove the spout, the computer stops controling the timing so you can set an accurate 'base' timing. If you set it to 12-13 degrees with the spout in, I'm willing to bet your timing is closer to factory specs and not advanced at all (possibly even retarded).
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Yes you do. It takes about two seconds to do and the connector is right there, so whats the problem? When you remove the spout, the computer stops controling the timing so you can set an accurate 'base' timing. If you set it to 12-13 degrees with the spout in, I'm willing to bet your timing is closer to factory specs and not advanced at all (possibly even retarded).

Alright thanks i'm going to set it back to 10 and then back up to about 12 degrees after dissconnecting the spout connector.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com