Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What Kinda Heads

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What Kinda Heads
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering what you guys think of the GT40P heads. Not for a race car, but for a daily driver looking to make fast CHEAP.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They flow nice for the price....

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They're great bang for the buck heads. You can run 12's with them if you choose your combo wisely.

Check out this link for more info:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/5755/gt40p.html

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
They're great bang for the buck heads. You can run 12's with them if you choose your combo wisely.

Check out this link for more info:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/5755/gt40p.html

12 natural on a full weight 91 GT?

what kinda a cam and intake do you guys recomend.

e-303 with Cobra upper and lower
remember only a daily so money is big issue.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FordPny:

I think any heads/intake/cam combo will run 12's with a good tune and tires. With that said, look at combo's on that page to see what cams/intakes people are running and what ET's they get with them.

A while ago I was looking into P heads with a light clean up, new springs for a TFS stage 2 cam and a cobra/performer/street heat intake. Just a cheap setup that'll run good on and off the bottle. Then I looked at my budget and time on my hands and scraped the idea

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Money wise call central coast they can hook you up with cheap combos, my bro got his heads GT-40P's, cobra intake, 65mm throttle body for fairly cheap.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90_5POINT_OH:

Money wise call central coast they can hook you up with cheap combos, my bro got his heads GT-40P's, cobra intake, 65mm throttle body for fairly cheap.

are their engines any good? what kind of power are they putting out? i've seen their ads and i think that their hp rating seems over rated. what do you think? can you comment more on your brothers engine, thanks.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard central coasts motors are crap.
I'm running their heads though (GT-40P's) and I bought them from somebody who already put 10k miles on them!

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
........I'm running their heads though (GT-40P's) and I bought them from somebody who already put 10k miles on them!

Hey Shade-Tree do you like the GT40P's, did you feel a good difference and how much did you get them for.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Hey Shade-Tree do you like the GT40P's, did you feel a good difference and how much did you get them for.

they're great. Nice improvement over 116k mile stock E7TE's. It's a 30HP bolt on for the heads only. Tough to beat for the price. I paid $400 and the heads look practically new (9k miles on them)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com