Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Ram 900 update (STOKED)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ram 900 update (STOKED)
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got the clutch installed, broken in, and raced with it. It was great just after installation. Grabby as all hell and didn't chatter a bit. Now that it's broken in, it is still grabby as hell, but it chatters the slightest bit when engaging it. My verdict, if you can stand a little jerk everytime you take off from a stand still and want so SERIOUS holding power the clutch is the hot ticket! I was seeing higher traps all day long from this install. Barking 3rd everytime, (I don't power shift). This is what I say about the RAM 900 [Worship] Haha, later man, Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much was your new clutch? did you install a new flywheel or resurface your old one?..

p.s. are you going on the 17th?.....lets run 'em

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Black94 5.0,

I installed a new billet steel flywheel at the same time as the clutch. All in all it cost about $700 for everything. Yes I will be there on the 17th, but no, I wont be racing, (thats what the tracks for) So whats in you combo? I noticed that you have a 102 mph trap speed. Thats damn good bro.

STOKED,

Same question for you. I want to ride in that beautiful yellow snake you have. [Bling Bling]

--------------------
AED

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you like the billet fltwheel? Where did you get it? My best is a 13.6@102. I need to get a better 60ft. I'm, looking forward to check out your ride on the 17th

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

The flywheel works good so far....I've yet to hit it with the N20, but I'm sure this setup can handle it. DUDE, what do you mean you need a better 60ft? A 1.8 is good bro. Did you do that on DR's? Like I asked before, what can you say gave you that high trap speed?

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

BTW....lookin forward to meating you and seein your car bro

--------------------
AED

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

I was using Brian's TRY2PAZ ET streets. I hit a 13.66 w/ some bald drag radials and a 1.9 60ft. When i ran Brians tires I hit a 1.98 the first time and trapped 102.8. Next pass I trapped 102.1 w/ a 1.8 60ft. I know those tires have a low 1.7 in them. Looking forward to meet you on the 17th.

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Black94 5.0 - Well bro, if you car is hitting 102 in the quarter than your shit obviously is pushing more power than mine. Anyway, w/stock susp. and et streets the best 60 I could hit was a high 1.7....I would say low 1.7's are going to be tought w/the stock setup

--------------------
AED

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Black94 5.0 - Well bro, if you car is hitting 102 in the quarter than your shit obviously is pushing more power than mine. Anyway, w/stock susp. and et streets the best 60 I could hit was a high 1.7....I would say low 1.7's are going to be tought w/the stock setup

I was hoping to hit 1.7's at least 1.8's with stock rear suspension/"eibach-prokit" & E.T streets but I dont think I was heating them enough. I launched at 5,000rpm and spun, then I tried 4,500 and still spun.
mods:

edelbrock performer intake
bbk 1 5/8 shorties
2.5" off road pipe
2.5 flows 3 chamber cat back
1.7 rr
mac cold air
pro m 75mm
24lb injectors
70mm tb
asp pullies

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com