Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel Pump Cut-Off switch.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel Pump Cut-Off switch.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a little tip/trick that may just save your car...for less than $15.
http://www.corral.net/tech/maintenance/cutoff.html

91PONY's got one.... When I got arrested & she was impounded, the tow yard couldn't move her! They tried....even with the keys. Heather was very pleased they couldn't dick around in her... (ok, that doesn't sound right..)

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey did u have the car that got stolen and burned down and pics were all over the net of it?

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
Hey did u have the car that got stolen and burned down and pics were all over the net of it?

It got stolen...& burned, but there were no pics.
After that happened, I put the cut-off switch on my girls car. Too little too late for mine.
Oh well, got a better car now & the switch is going in this weekend.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In addition to that you can also do this. Splice a toggle switch into the single wire ( I think it's red with a blue stripe) that connects to threaded looking little post on the starter relay. Starter won't even crank over then .

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can this reset button be relocated somewhere else in the car....

i want to put inside the car......

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have u gone to any cruzes?? Just trying to put a face to the name

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
StanggrlMichelle
Member # 725

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for StanggrlMichelle  Ford pictures for StanggrlMichelle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i put a little custom switch in my shit too. you should have seen their faces when i went to pick up the thing in the morning. hahaha they were assholes to me and said that they could not start my shit. i told them well what the fuck were you trying to start my shit for.

two thumbs up on kill switches..fucking tow yards

edit:: hahah i did not know girl registered on here LOL BUSTED

Torquepimp

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: StanggrlMichelle ]

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
have u gone to any cruzes?? Just trying to put a face to the name

Yeah man. I think I met you on that Santa Cruz one. I was with my Girl in her Blue 91GT. Plates :91PONY

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Cool]

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by javier:
Can this reset button be relocated somewhere else in the car....

i want to put inside the car......

"2 Remove the plastic trim along the bottom of the door opening on the driver's side of the car. Gently lift the carpet and you will see the wiring harness running underneath the carpet. Pull up the harness and tear off the plastic wrap to expose the wires.
" [patriot]

Im gonna do this too, and Im gonna hide it around the area to the rightof the gas pedal, like behind the stereo... close to that connector! im gonna use a 2 way red guarded switch as well! [Smile]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The inertia switch is a good quick way to kill power to the fuel pump too.
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had a cut off switch in my car for a long time now but instead of using the wire that runs to the inertia switch I spliced into one of the wires at the fuel relay switch under the drivers seat. It works great.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com