Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1994 mustang gt Clutch pedal feels hard

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1994 mustang gt Clutch pedal feels hard
sidhu50
¯
Member # 13602

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sidhu50  Ford pictures for sidhu50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just replaced a new ram clutch, new flywheel, pressure plate, adjustable clutch cable and quadrant, I have adjusted the cable and it drives fine for bit but after while clutch pedal feels really hard and it's really hard to put the car into Gear. Car is completely stock. When I replaced the clutch I noticed the clutch fork tensioner where the throw out bearing sits one side was chipped off..will that cause a clutch to shift hard? My next option would be to drop the tranny down and put new fork in..if anyone can help me with this it would be really appreciated..it's a hassle dropping the transmission..
Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murder mach  Ford pictures for Murder mach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong section but this happened to me.first off I had a ram clutch too.it was brand new.and a piece of shit.was super hard and would not grip. Also the clutch cable was routes wrong.

I took out the ram clutch and threw it in the trash.put in a spec clutch and its better.

Posts: 860 | From: stockton area | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
sidhu50
¯
Member # 13602

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sidhu50  Ford pictures for sidhu50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah idk what it is, like I can get the clutch to feel lighter but it goes back to hard after I would drive down the freeway couple miles.. Do you think broken clutch fork tensioner will cause the car to shift hard? Any help would be necessary I don't wana keep going back and forth.if it can't be done right I will part out or sale the car if anyone need it..157k miles convertible stick shift starts smooth no leaks passed smog.
The TASM
CAFords OG
Member # 292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The TASM  Ford pictures for The TASM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Ha ha! I had too, this was to good to pass up. Another wrong section post!

[ 2015-12-18, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: The TASM ]

--------------------
1984 Cadillac Eldorado, vogue tires, 100 shot NOS

Posts: 558 | From: nineonesix | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
02mustang5.4
¯
Member # 14004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02mustang5.4  Ford pictures for 02mustang5.4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you install the clutch disc correctly? Because it fits both ways but only suppose to go on in a certain side
Posts: 123 | From: Modesto California | Registered: Mar 2015  |  :

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com