Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1947 Hudson Commodore with a 390 Ford!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1947 Hudson Commodore with a 390 Ford!
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

I know this is a little off-topic here, but it's part Ford. I am selling my 1947 Hudson Commodore Eight for $6,900 FIRM!!!

***ONE WEEK ONLY***$6,900 FIRM***

I've dropped my price all the way down to $6,900 FIRM...that's almost $2,000 off my asking price! I will leave it at that price for ONE WEEK ONLY, then the car is getting it's interior finished, and going back up to full price. This is your chance to get into a bad ass BIG BLOCK old school ride for CHEAP!!!

This car is in excellent shape considering it's age. I don't know if/when she was re-sprayed, but it is a lacquer paint job, and still responds well to buffing. That said, she's got her fair share of scratches, a few chips, and a little bit of rust at the bottom of the rear window, and on the passenger's side front floor board, but from 10 feet away this car looks AMAZING, and she turns a ton of heads where ever you go.

The interior looks more or less original, and the seats and door panels are in excellent shape. There isn't any carpet, and the headliner is falling down, but it is still there to use as a pattern. I will be fixing these things as I go, so I reserve the right to either raise my asking price, or at the very least remove the OBO depending upon how much I spend. There is one pretty good tear on the bottom of the front bench (passenger's side), but it is only noticeable when the door is open. All of the original gauges and switches are functional and in working order, though the fuel and temperature gauges swing backwards, and I haven't figured out exactly why.

The engine and transmission from this Hudson have been replaced with a Ford 390/C6 combo from an early 70's Ford pickup. The motor is mostly stock, with the exception of a mild cam, and some Moon Eyes valve covers and breathers, as well as a deep sump pan. The transmission has a stage 1 shift kit in it. The original column-shift and throttle pedal have been retained and ARE functional. The rest of the running gear is original Hudson, and in excellent shape. The entire brake system has been rebuilt, including the master cylinder. The entire car has been re-wired and converted to 12-volts in the process. I just finished restoring the fuel tank this afternoon. This car is completely mechanically sound, and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere!

All in all, this is an exceptional example of a very rare car. This Hudson even sports it's original 1947 California plates, though I plan on keeping them if somebody out of state buys the car. Some of you may say that it's a shame this Hudson doesn't have her original 254 Inline Eight cylinder, but I saved this car from a Street-Rodder that had plans for lots of billet and other atrocities, in addition to the 390/C6 Ford. Never the less, the Ford Power plant makes the car a hoot to drive, and everybody jumps out of their seats when this sedate little Hudson fires up with a rompity-romp V8 under it's hood. The only thing that this car needs is some mild interior finishing, which I am slowing doing, but if somebody wants it before I am done we can negotiate a little on the price.

If I were going to keep this car, I would probably swap the rear end for something with some more freeway-friendly gears, but other than that, I wouldn't touch it. Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks,
Casey

[ June 23, 2012, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Back up! Price flexible!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Back up...this is a SWEET RIDE!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Again!!! Lower Price!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Figured I would bump this back up...this car hauls ass!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call jay Leno he likes cars like this
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com