Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » FS 17x9 Cobra Rs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: FS 17x9 Cobra Rs
D.R.E
¯
Member # 10484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.R.E  Ford pictures for D.R.E    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey got some 17x9s cobra rs forsale with slight curb rash on a couple of them you could see in pics tires have no tread but asking $350 my number is 7078536344 ps they are dirty
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Local 3 Operating Engineers member
1991 titanium frost coupe
1991 x chp coupe

Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
called the number and left a message.

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are these Ford Racing wheels or aftermarkets?

--------------------
91 GT
73 RS Camaro

Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These have the stamping if REAL cobra R's! They probably have the higher offset to fit foxbodies though. Nonetheless, good deal!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

D.R.E
¯
Member # 10484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.R.E  Ford pictures for D.R.E    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I gotta check but thanks man I Anit tryin to tear someone's head off ha they are good rims I just want a different look
Shaolin Crane
¯
Member # 10676

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaolin Crane  Ford pictures for Shaolin Crane    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats the number stamped on the back side?

--------------------
2008 f350
2007 Mustang GT
1995 Mustang Cobra
1988 Mustang GT
1987 Mustang GT

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What I meant to say in my last post was that these DO HAVE the stamping next to the valve stem that identifies them as REAL cobra r's. I did research on this a month ago. The "JW" and "kg" stamps are an easy way to tell they're real. Now, there are two types of real R's...one with the offset for sn95's and one with the offset for foxbodies.

Hope this helps. These wheels are actually very strong and lightweight compared to replica wheels. They are highly sought after by road racers, fyi [Wink]

--------------------

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pretty sure real cobra R's are stamped m197 by the valvestem! That's always been how I have been able to tell but these look to have the fox offset so the number may be different stamping!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*:
Pretty sure real cobra R's are stamped m197 by the valvestem! That's always been how I have been able to tell but these look to have the fox offset so the number may be different stamping!

Casey, you could be right, BUT, from reading multiple threads on corral, svtp, and other forums, the two stampings next to the valve stems are easy detections that they're "real." The two stamps I'm talking about are the "JW" or something like that, and a numerical value ending in "xxxKG."

--------------------

Shaolin Crane
¯
Member # 10676

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaolin Crane  Ford pictures for Shaolin Crane    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The number stamped on the back side will tell you for sure.

--------------------
2008 f350
2007 Mustang GT
1995 Mustang Cobra
1988 Mustang GT
1987 Mustang GT

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those appear to be the real deal R58 Cobra R (OEM on 95 Cobra R) - not the Fox specific offset. I run those same wheels on my track car.
Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com