Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Free - Tips for CAFords members on Buying and Selling

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Free - Tips for CAFords members on Buying and Selling
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had a couple of great transactions on CAFords, but I swear the vast majority of inquiries make me wonder about the IQ out there.

here's a refresher on buying and selling used sh!t
feel free to add your tips.

1. Seller posts item,price and contact info. This is called an offer.
2. Buyer contacts seller and accepts offer or modifies it (e.g. proposes another price.)
3. If seller agrees, arrange for executing the transaction.

Here is what doesn't work too well.

1. Don't reply to the post asking the seller to call you when he's put his contact info in the ad. I post a bunch of stuff of a bunch of sites, and don't sit around monitoring the posts. Besides, I'm not as desperate for the cash as likely you are for the parts.

2. Don't ask the seller "what's the lowest you'll take?" That is a stupid question - The price in the ad is what the seller wants. If they put OBO, make YOUR offer. Even if they didn't put OBO, throw a number out.

3. Figure out first if you are willing to drive out and pick it up. Most sellers aren't gonna drive 40 miles to deliver to you a $100 part. [Roll Eyes]

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
~~~~^^^~~~~ Nice. Somebody said what most of us think.
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This should be a sticky mods. [patriot] Also to add to already mentioned rules in the general talk rules thread; if you don't like the price don't ruin the thread by giving your opinion. Take that up with the seller via a pm. Again it's his wanting price. Not yours.
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well said!!!

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well said, Chirag. It sounds like you're suffering from the typical headache of listing parts for sale on this site. Its the Craig's List of automotive for sale forums.

Thanks again for the tranny and crossmember.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
FSTRDNU
SVO's and XR4Ti's
Member # 12

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FSTRDNU  Ford pictures for FSTRDNU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont forget to add that if you sound like an ignorant phuk, you're going to get treated like an ignorant phuk.

"Flows" "cash you out", unconventional acronyms, and a total disregard of basic spelling and grammar are just a way of saying "Im too stupid to generate a simple sentence but I want you to figure out what I am saying anyway".

--------------------
Drifting is to motorsports like rap is to music. Sure, people do it. But only the stupid people.

Posts: 479 | From: Bay Area CA USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
Well said, Chirag. It sounds like you're suffering from the typical headache of listing parts for sale on this site. Its the Craig's List of automotive for sale forums.

Thanks again for the tranny and crossmember.

Hey David, Thank you for the smooth deal and good luck with building that project.
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Razz]

[ February 09, 2011, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: SLPR93 ]

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2 Noobs here probably didn't know That... how about selling Shit used 20 dollars less than NEW

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Brokn Nx
¯
Member # 8526

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brokn Nx  Ford pictures for Brokn Nx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Every notch is NOT a CHP.

--------------------
85-0001 Saleen Mustang
88-362 Saleen Notch
85-090 Saleen Hatch
67 Stang Coupe

Posts: 333 | From: Santa Maria, CA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+ just beacuse you have a cobra intake doesnt mean car has a cobra engine...lol [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO at the last two

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project
'97 Saturn SL1(saving the planet)

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MODS should make it so you have to read what was stated above before posting in the for(d) sale section. It would help a little bit.

--------------------
Jesus is king!

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_LX:
MODS should make it so you have to read what was stated above before posting in the for(d) sale section. It would help a little bit.

?? They Should also learn how to read Minds...

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FSTRDNU:
Dont forget to add that if you sound like an ignorant phuk, you're going to get treated like an ignorant phuk.

"Flows" "cash you out", unconventional acronyms, and a total disregard of basic spelling and grammar are just a way of saying "Im too stupid to generate a simple sentence but I want you to figure out what I am saying anyway".

Lmao [worship]
FSTRDNU
SVO's and XR4Ti's
Member # 12

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FSTRDNU  Ford pictures for FSTRDNU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Important enough to reiterate for the academically challenged.

Up.

--------------------
Drifting is to motorsports like rap is to music. Sure, people do it. But only the stupid people.

Posts: 479 | From: Bay Area CA USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
Brokn Nx
¯
Member # 8526

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brokn Nx  Ford pictures for Brokn Nx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The topic should be changed to.....

"Tips on buying and 'SALE'ing."

Sale and sell are not interchangeable and have different meanings.

Posts: 333 | From: Santa Maria, CA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well said, and can we also get a sticky for good buyer and sellers so people know who they can trust. Jus sold some parts over a few hundred dollars each on 2 seperate occasions to (96 sleeper)..1st time meeting him, Never tried to lowball, and paid what I was asking for. Drove to my house an picked them up..Couldnt ask for a smoother transaction. This is someone I'll continue doing business with. Thanks again Phil!

[ February 25, 2011, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: Nastysvt ]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't base your price on how much you paid for an item. Base your price on how much it's worth.
Chp23109
¯
Member # 10540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chp23109  Ford pictures for Chp23109    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same thing to Duncan Motor.. [BS flag]

--------------------
Banned for violating everything from the anti-ghetto sign and what's written below it. And we were doing so good lately with these types of people too.
^^^^^^^
you read the above and this is your reply to us-

"Why I got ban. He talked me crab word to me. Hmmm lmk thank"

Seriously? Does yous gots ta ax Y? Der be de stuff written unda der no ghetto sign G. Readz iT, itz beez 'bout it bout it youz.

We're not even going to get into getting banned for making fake accounts here http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00008902

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com