Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 89 GT vert non-op $1100

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 89 GT vert non-op $1100
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Body: 1989 Mstang GT convertable. There is some body damage over the left rear wheelwell. The body damage has cut into the tire so that tire will have to be replaced. The paint is a "good from far, far from good" type of job. It's cracking on the bumpers and laid on a little thick in my opinion. There is a Saleen wing which the previous owner applied a hideous pink airbrush job to. I have covered it with black electrical tape, but if your name happens to be "Perry" and you want to rock the stang like 1985, feel free. Otherwise, some 1000 grit should be able to remove the masterpiece. It's got the cheesegrader stock tail lights and exhaust cut outs in the bumper. Again, a Perry touch. Everything lines up nicely, opens and closes as it should. The new convertable top was cut over the drivers side when some jerkoff thief tried to steal the car. The windshield has a crack where the same jerkoff pulled on the steering wheel lock and hit the glass. There is no stereo, as that was the only item jerkoff was able to take.

Interior: Gray tweed with the power lumbar seats in fine working order. One small tear on the driver's side panel of the drivers seat (which seems to be common) and it needs a new drivers side seat belt. It has one but you'll want to change it. It's got a beauty bar in it, no brake light though.

Drivetrain: Stock engine with BBK shorty headers, BBK CAI, new plugs, wires, cap, harmonic balancer, Ford motorsports flywheel, King Cobra clutch, poly convertable motor mounts, Rebuilt World-Class T-5 with steel retainer (built by Bruce at Modern Driveline in Sa Jose in 06) balanced driveshaft built by Concord Driveline and stock rear end. The T-5 is topped with a B&M short shifter.

Wheels: 17" Chrome Cobras with tires that are probably going to need to be chaged, wheels are in pretty decent shape though.

The Bad: Low oil perssure, the block will need a rebuild. It starts and runs fine at idle, but has a slight shake to it as the motor turns faster. I wouldn't suggest driving this car away, but I'm sure we can get it on a trailer. I think the motor may let go anytime, but I could be wrong. It failed smog a couple of months ago and then I found out about the oil pressure issue. Current non-op witth no fees due at DMV.

The good: I think it's too clean to cut up and part out, but I realize that I may have to go that route. I'd rather sell it to someone who would keep it on the road. These cars are getting harder and harder to find in decent shape (I guess mine can't be defined as "Decent" right now. The torque boxes are original and solid. THIS CAR WILL NOT BE SOLD WITH A SMOG AND IT MUST BE TOWED. I'm only repeating it due to a few people coming to see it and asking "Can I drive it?" "Oh, I don't have a trailer." Etc, please, read the ad and know what you are buying. I have a car trailer and will deliver in the bay area for the right price. You must come and buy it before I deliver it anywhere.

The car is available to be seen anytime this Sunday Give me a call and we can set something up, or e-mail me, whatever is easiest for you. The car will come with a car cover and the Chiltons repair manual.

I can send pics to your e-mail upon request. I am VERY FIRM on the price. Don't waste my time with a low ball offer, I won't take it. $1100 is less than this car, even in parts, is worth.

Thanks,
Kevin
650-996-5055 no calls past 10 p.m.
kmcmullan75@att.net

[ November 06, 2010, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: 5OHS5OH ]

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Fake Moderator
Member # 6395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator  Ford pictures for Moderator    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Part it out.best bet.too much to fix

--------------------
I'm forddude510/86gt pretending to be a moderator. At first I thought it would be funny to change my name and act like a mod. Now the real mods have caught on and locked in this signature so I can't change it. I probably don't think it's funny anymore, but I like their sense of humor!

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much for the tired motor if u part out

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, not parting it out. I want this thing gone. I've got another project I have to get done and I can't spend the weeks prying off pieces. Thanks

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com