Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » F/S 1998 Cobra Convertible

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: F/S 1998 Cobra Convertible
ryancway
¯
Member # 7237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ryancway  Ford pictures for ryancway    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pics at http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/ryanpantera/98%20cobra%20convertible/

sorry for the cell phone pics. I promise I 'll have better ones up soon.

I'm in downsize mode right now so I'm selling my 1970 1/2 camaro (also for sale) and 1998 Cobra Vert. It will leave me with my bike and 71 pantera till I clean up my credit and can get a new 5.0. I have owned this cobra since 1999. It has had 4:30 gears in it and has for a few years with the speedo uncalibrated. HCI should have the mileage when they did my longblock which I think was 66.000 so I'll have the recalculation of chassis miles as well soon. Odometer reads about 88k if I remember correctly. I'll check it when I shoot more and better pics of the car. This was my 4th or 5th car and I had just too many projects going to drive it or continue to modify the car to my lofty dreams.

Details:
White with black top and interior (car was keyed a few years back and was repainted using Glasurit BMW/Mercedes paint. GENUINE Saleen S281 wing.
It is currently unregistered non op. It will need a smog and has non smog legal exhaust on it now. Walnut Creek Ford has agreed to give me a stock midpipe since mine was sold from the dealership not so smog legal. If you don't want to go thru the trouble to put the smogs items on them take em off for smog. I "know a guy" as some of you probably also do too. I work three jobs right now and taking the headerss off right now is too time consuming. My asking price reflects that you will have to take care if this. The motor alone cost more than my asking price.
Engine/fuel specs:
HCI motorsports shortblock .020 over consisting of: brand new forged cobra crank, manley rods,CP forged pistons. Heads have a stage 3 port and polish. IMRC delete brand new 30 lb injectors C&L MAF (not yet installed) Xcalibrator 2 tuner. (car has NOT been dyno tuned yet.)
Fuel system is the DREADED LAME SUCKY 98 only fuel delivery module. I used walbro 255 fuel pumps with this setup and subsequently BURNT up 5 of them. They make a TON of power but This year fuel system REQUIRES a turbine type pump NOT a cog style pump so a cheap mod for this would be finding a junkyard gas tank from a 96 or 97 and going back to a walbro 255 or boosting the 190 pump in there with an inline pump or going to a fuel cell. It wants more fuel. Car WILL NEED a dyno tune once you get the MAF, the injectors, and the fuel sorted out. I never got to it.
Exhaust:
Hooker long tube headers coated in jet hot 2000, hooker O/R X pipe and flowmaster 2 chambers.
Trans T45 in great shape fresh fluid change shifts perfectly. Fidanza Aluminum flywheel, new king cobra clutch (this clutch sucks ass and I had to do a clutch and didn't have money for a Spec3 this time. it works but given the horsepower that this engine puts out don't expect longevity out of it. Just being honest.) FMS aluminum drive shaft FMS 4:40 gears. Pro 5.0 Shifter. steeda adjustable clutch quadrant and maximum motorsports cable and firewall adjuster.
Suspension/wheels:
Eibach sportline springs, KYB gr2 shocks with lifetime warranty from summit. (if you ever need replacement I'll do the refund/replace for you)
new steering shaft. made to split to fit thru long tubes. I reinstalled it 90 degrees off and I'll remedy that before purchase. Steeda Full length subframe connectors, steeda shock tower brace. I had an autopower roll bar for the car but its MIA. If I find it, after the fact, it's yours.
17x9 17x10.5 Cobra R rims with near new Nitto 555 tires.
Interior/Top:
The car has Corbeau CR2 seats in it now. Corbeau uses very cheap fabric that does NOT withstand being in the sun very well so they're faded and have bolster wear on the drivers side. They are still very comfy and supportive but the drivers side isn't the prettiest. I took my stock leather seats out in 2000 and they have been stored in the garage rafters since then. They are in great shape and the runners etc are still there. Carpet is good missing a tiny vent grilles next to steering wheel (cheap ford parts counter or junkyard item). Sun visors are sunbaked. Top is in really good shape for its age and does not billow up when the windows are down and no excessive whistles when it's up.
Priced for quick sale at $7000 b/o
Car is in Orinda off hwy 24 at the moment.

Call me if you have questions 925-812-2929
or email me ryancway@gmail.com

[ September 29, 2010, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: ryancway ]

--------------------
built short block ported heads and assorted bolt ons. I LOVE 4:30 gears!

Posts: 29 | From: pleasant hill | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com