Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Shelby Cobra offered for sale

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Shelby Cobra offered for sale
Vividly Vintage
¯
Member # 6759

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vividly Vintage  Ford pictures for Vividly Vintage  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

427 Cobra Roadster built by us (Golden West)

Specs:

427 Side oiler engine (1965)
4 speed top loader
4- 2 bbl inglese performance 48IDA Carberators with 10° angle to clear 427 air scoop
Halibrand pin drive wheels
blue streak good year racing tires
Included with the car is all the original bumbers/bumperettes.
Original paint
Car was assembled in 1987-88
Award winner! Winning awards at the Oakland Roadster show and Fresno Autorama.
Original Connoly Leather seats
Woolton wool carpeting

WELL SORTED CAR! Drive any time!

This car fools people and we always get asked if it is a real shelby.

If you are interested please contact us at:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ July 07, 2010, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: The Mustang Guys ]

--------------------
The Mustang Guys

96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much?
Vividly Vintage
¯
Member # 6759

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vividly Vintage  Ford pictures for Vividly Vintage  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the car is being offered for $78,000

--------------------
The Mustang Guys

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
78000 for a car on cafords lol.You might as well be asking a million hahaha

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
SVTCOBRAFOREVER
¯
Member # 4173

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTCOBRAFOREVER  Ford pictures for SVTCOBRAFOREVER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea, not really many members on here have that kind of extra funds laying away unfortunately.(IMO) Good luck on the sale though.

That must be a blast to drive! [patriot]

--------------------
1992 Notch LS9 Twin Turbo On its way to completion. Way over 800rwhp on 8lbs.
1990 5.0 (97 cobra powered) Sold

Posts: 453 | From: Concord,CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
NightmareB4Xmas_68
¯
Member # 6371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NightmareB4Xmas_68  Ford pictures for NightmareB4Xmas_68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NICE CAR...!!!

--------------------
One day it'll get finished

Posts: 827 | From: OAKLAND,CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice looking car! Good luck with the sale [patriot]

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
would you take my shitty 1987 fox body lx and $2000 cash?

Lol. I had to do it. niceeee cobra tho

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Vividly Vintage
¯
Member # 6759

haha I know that the main audience of cafords may not be able to fork out 78,000 but you never know. Its a great car for the money. Its loud, fast, and is the perfect California car. It has been on the track at infineon many times, and is track ready now. We are selling this for the customer (the second owner of the car) he just turned 87 and decided it was time to sell the car. The owner is a world renowned metal sculptor. You may of seen some of his work in local business parks through out California. This car is a joy to drive. It is one of the closest replica's to a real shelby you will find now days. Most people when they build their cars, they put 5.0's and 351's in them with all the amenities ie; AC, radio, etc. This is a true 427 side oiler, with raw power. This is the kind of car that you drive to enjoy the drive. Its a great car and hopefully we can find a great home for it. if you have any serious (lol i know how it gets on here lol) questions don't hesitate to ask. Comments are always welcomed.

-

[ July 08, 2010, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: The Mustang Guys ]

--------------------
The Mustang Guys

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those cars are fn bad i got my ass handed to me by a old geezer drivin a blue one on hwy 101 in my old notch [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you for actually building a Cobra like it should be - with a Carb'd FE, instead of a cheesy-ass EFI 302. the individual 2 barrels make it an even nicer build!

Well done!

Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
87TURBO
¯
Member # 9257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87TURBO  Ford pictures for 87TURBO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Mustang Guys:
haha I know that the main audience of cafords may not be able to fork out 78,000 but you never know. Its a great car for the money. Its loud, fast, and is the perfect California car. It has been on the track at infineon many times, and is track ready now. We are selling this for the customer (the second owner of the car) he just turned 87 and decided it was time to sell the car. The owner is a world renowned metal sculptor. You may of seen some of his work in local business parks through out California. This car is a joy to drive. It is one of the closest replica's to a real shelby you will find now days. Most people when they build their cars, they put 5.0's and 351's in them with all the amenities ie; AC, radio, etc. This is a true 427 side oiler, with raw power. This is the kind of car that you drive to enjoy the drive. Its a great car and hopefully we can find a great home for it. if you have any serious (lol i know how it gets on here lol) questions don't hesitate to ask. Comments are always welcomed.
how much power you pushing rw,torque

-

--------------------
turbo people

Posts: 403 | From: modesto/sanjose | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Vividly Vintage
¯
Member # 6759

Thanks straightliner1 for your comment.

We haven't had an official dyno but it is estimated to both be around 500. It is probably somewhere around 520hp and 480 torque would be my best guess

-

[ July 08, 2010, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: The Mustang Guys ]

--------------------
The Mustang Guys

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com