Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Bike Exhaust Trade

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bike Exhaust Trade
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I registered at barf.com but can't post for 30 days!

if by chance anyone here has a D&D exhaust and mid pipe for a 2004-2007 cbr 1000rr I'd like to trade it for my Akrapovic exhaust with mid pipe. Price is about the same so strait trade wanted.

blk67stang
¯
Member # 6234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk67stang  Ford pictures for blk67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why do you want to do that? the acro exhaust is so much better.

--------------------
ford is a way of life

blk67stang
¯
Member # 6234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk67stang  Ford pictures for blk67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you want to trade for a d&d because it is louder? cause if that is the case remove the rivits and re do the baffel

--------------------
ford is a way of life

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blk67stang:
do you want to trade for a d&d because it is louder? cause if that is the case remove the rivits and re do the baffel

yes that is why...I love the sound on my 600rr and the 1000rr sounds like a honda accord. Performance wise way dif.
blk67stang
¯
Member # 6234

just pull the rivits and wrap half the exhaust baffel with exhaust tape it will sound way louder. i had a half wrapped pipe on my 600rr and it was really loud. it took about an hour.

[ April 09, 2010, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: blk67stang ]

--------------------
ford is a way of life

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by blk67stang:
just pull the rivits and wrap half the exhaust baffel with exhaust tape it will sound way louder. i had a half wrapped pipe on my 600rr and it was really loud. it took about an hour.

pull the rivits? you need to drill them out right? I have a rivit gun and rivits to put the shit back together but when you say "wrap the baffel" I don't understand.

Fuck I love the 1000rr...pull the front tire off the ground today with passenger on the back...didn't even try to. DANGER DANGER DANGER! [Eek!]

jdm123
¯
Member # 9857

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdm123  Ford pictures for jdm123    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep the akropovic imho. D&D is a trash company and u will lose power. if you want loudness just dont run the muffler!
347 Strokin
¯
Member # 9918

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 347 Strokin  Ford pictures for 347 Strokin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a carbon fiber KR tuned slip on that has been shortened and sounds really good and is louder that a Akrapovic pipe. Let me know if you are interested!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com