Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » FS: Modular Coupe Project for sale (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: FS: Modular Coupe Project for sale
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is the history of the project:

I bought a 1993 Mustang coupe from FL, which did not turn out to be what the seller had indicated such as body and also the ability to be convert it into a street car fairly easy.

The car needs two good fenders as the ones that came with the car have too much bondo. The pillars have rust, which I have been told are repairable, but it may be costly depending on where you go. The car needs bodywork in the cowl hood area because the hood had flipped open on the Seller, which reminds me it has a new windshield. It needs the entire front harness because there are no lights in the front , the Seller told me that everything was functional, but it wasn't. The car didn't come with a front bumper, but I bought one for it.

The car is practically a drag car in it's current form. The engine is an 04 cobra engine with a 2.8 kenne bell blower and a PA C4 tranny with a cheetah shifter and 3K stall (I believe). The back seat is black, and the rear quarters were painted black. It has two front summit racing seats, not the greatest because they look like Kragen specials. The car has a cage, which was actually nicely done. It also has a painless multi-panel switch. It has a fuel cell, intercooler tank, and battery in the trunk. It has 4.10's with 31 spline axles. The front suspension is QA1. It has an S-box installed. It has no power steering with manual brakes.

Since the car was not what I had bought in terms of body wise, I ended up buying a Silver 1992 Mustang coupe 4 cylinder that has less than 53K miles. The car only has two noticeable dents, one on the roof and another one on the passenger side door, which both can be easily repaired. Also, the front windshield will need to be replaced. The remaining car is straight as an arrow, lines, doors everything lines up nicely as they are original parts. My intentions were to just have someone transfer everything over to the 4 cylinder and then just sell the other car as a roller.

The project is a great buy for someone who knows how to do their own work or has enough money to find someone who knows how to complete it (if you go this route I have a good friend that was going to do it for me, so I can refer him to you). I have the title to both cars. I have yet to register the car from FL as I was going to leave that for the person who would have bought it as a roller. The 4 cylinder is in my name and only needs smog, which I will handle prior to selling.

I'm looking to get $12,500 obo. I have more invested into it, but due to life changing circumstances I have decided to part away with it..

I will try to post pictures of both cars this weekend.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

I have attached a slideshow, which shows some pictures of the 1992 that was going to receive the transplant, unfortunately I could not the pictures of the body will have to find my camera. In addition, there are pictures that show the black coupe interior I also bought for the project, which will be included with the package.

Everyone I have edited the ad to include that I'm flexible (obo) on the price, so don't hestiate to shoot me an offer.

[ January 30, 2010, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Beasty5.0 ]

--------------------
1992 Geo Metro, Running 32's in the quarter-mile

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
want to sell the kenne bell?? i will trade you a stage 5 steg. ported eaton plenum and t/b. with a metco 2.93 pulley plus cash.
Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
want to sell the kenne bell?? i will trade you a stage 5 steg. ported eaton plenum and t/b. with a metco 2.93 pulley plus cash.

Thanks for the offer, but not looking to part anything out at this moment.
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that sucks u aren't going to be able to see this project through it sounds like it would have been a absolutely phenominal when done. Good luck on your sale and I hope u find a way to keep her. Notch + modular 4 valve is a nasty setup
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
Damn that sucks u aren't going to be able to see this project through it sounds like it would have been a absolutely phenominal when done. Good luck on your sale and I hope u find a way to keep her. Notch + modular 4 valve is a nasty setup

Yeah it sucks big time, but there is always later. If not God has blessed me with plenty of good cars in my life.

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Beasty5.0:
Here is the history of the project:

I bought a 1993 Mustang coupe from FL, which did not turn out to be what the seller had indicated such as body and also the ability to be convert it into a street car fairly easy.

The car needs two good fenders as the ones that came with the car have too much bondo. The pillars have rust, which I have been told are repairable, but it may be costly depending on where you go. The car needs bodywork in the cowl hood area because the hood had flipped open on the Seller, which reminds me it has a new windshield. It needs the entire front harness because there are no lights in the front , the Seller told me that everything was functional, but it wasn't. The car didn't come with a front bumper, but I bought one for it.

The car is practically a drag car in it's current form. The engine is an 04 cobra engine with a 2.8 kenne bell blower and a PA C4 tranny with a cheetah shifter and 3K stall (I believe). The back seat is black, and the rear quarters were painted black. It has two front summit racing seats, not the greatest because they look like Kragen specials. The car has a cage, which was actually nicely done. It also has a painless multi-panel switch. It has a fuel cell, intercooler tank, and battery in the trunk. It has 4.10's with 31 spline axles. The front suspension is QA1. It has an S-box installed. It has no power steering with manual brakes.

Since the car was not what I had bought in terms of body wise, I ended up buying a Silver 1992 Mustang coupe 4 cylinder that has less than 53K miles. The car only has two noticeable dents, one on the roof and another one on the passenger side door, which both can be easily repaired. Also, the front windshield will need to be replaced. The remaining car is straight as an arrow, lines, doors everything lines up nicely as they are original parts. My intentions were to just have someone transfer everything over to the 4 cylinder and then just sell the other car as a roller.

The project is a great buy for someone who knows how to do their own work or has enough money to find someone who knows how to complete it (if you go this route I have a good friend that was going to do it for me, so I can refer him to you). I have the title to both cars. I have yet to register the car from FL as I was going to leave that for the person who would have bought it as a roller. The 4 cylinder is in my name and only needs smog, which I will handle prior to selling.

I'm looking to get $12,500. I have more invested into it, but due to life changing circumstances I have decided to part away with it..

I will try to post pictures of both cars this weekend.

Not to be a dick but if the seller lied about all these problems Why the hell did you buy it? GLWS [patriot]

[ January 28, 2010, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
Not to be a dick but if the seller lied about all these problems Why the hell did you buy it? GLWS [patriot] [/qb]

To make a long story short, pictures he sent me did not show any major issues and when I asked he lied.. I received the car, and it was whole different ballgame. To take him to court would have been a complete headache, chaulked it up as a hard lesson and won't ever buy any car out of state without seeing it personally..

[ January 29, 2010, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Beasty5.0 ]

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you wanted to part out the project I would be interested in motor and trans ecu and the blower lmk if you are interested in doing that thanks Daniel

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hate to see it go Mo.

Both cars were at my house and the silver coupe still is. This little coupe is clean and the modular swap coupe is a beast.

TTT

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
If you wanted to part out the project I would be interested in motor and trans ecu and the blower lmk if you are interested in doing that thanks Daniel

Daniel I do appreciate the offer, but right now Im looking to get rid of everything as a whole project. If I decide to go that route, I will definately send you a PM. Thanks.
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

ttt
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

ttt

--------------------

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

ttt
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

ttt
ponystroker
¯
Member # 7635

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponystroker  Ford pictures for ponystroker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
still have it? give me a call please (510) 355-7563.
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Don't be shy to make an offer guys, the worst I can say is no or your trippin [Big Grin]

Need to move this!

EDIT: I'm looking for a 96-98 Honda Civic Sedan, automatic, clean title, less than 150K miles with recent timing belt service, if you have one of those I will consider it for a trade plus cash as my little cousin is looking for a car. Thanks.

[ April 11, 2011, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Beasty5.0 ]

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

ttt
Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pm sent

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Took video of modular coupe if anyone is interested. Sorry for the crappy lighting when trying to show the undercarriage.

1993 Modular Coupe for Sale

[ April 17, 2011, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Beasty5.0 ]

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Took video of modular coupe if anyone is interested. Sorry for the crappy lighting when trying to show the undercarriage.

1993 Modular Coupe for Sale

Your link is No Buean
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
quote:

Your link is No Buean
It's fixed, thanks for letting me know.

Edit: removed part of Nifty50 quote in my response to him as it was causing confusion.

[ May 06, 2011, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Beasty5.0 ]

--------------------

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

ttt
Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duh' Winning  Ford pictures for Duh' Winning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
update some pics.

--------------------
Duh' Winning- Charlie Sheen

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

quote:
Originally posted by blown doors off:
update some pics.

If you want to see the modular just click the link I provided a video of the car.

--------------------

SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blown doors off:
update some pics.

If you want to see the modular just click the link I provided a video of the car.
link failed [patriot]

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com