Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1998 Cobra for sale $5000! *sold*

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1998 Cobra for sale $5000! *sold*
erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for erik89gt  Ford pictures for erik89gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sold please delete, thanks CA Fords!

[ August 13, 2009, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: erik89gt ]

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt for a good price, but..... people on here dont pay attention to you unless your from the ghetto.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why did it need a new motor. whats wrong with the front. really clean car overall. how does it run.
erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erik89gt  Ford pictures for erik89gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol at not being from the ghetto, I hope thats not true or this will never sell!

It needed a new motor because it got low on oil and spun a bearing. The previous owner put a motor out of a '97 Cobra in it to replace the original with the spun bearing.

Nothing is wrong with the front, its the paint that has the issue. The base coat on the hood is cracking, and the front bumper looks like its the original paint. As stated in the ad, it runs great.

erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erik89gt  Ford pictures for erik89gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats a good deal!!!
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

Thanks HaulinAss, its been good to me but I want to get into either an 03/04 Cobra or an LS1 vette so I've priced it to go [patriot]
erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

ttt
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice price...but defintiely needs a paint job [Big Grin] Do you have any receipts for the replacement motor?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

Thanks, front bumper and hood need paint for sure but the rest of the car isn't too bad. Paint job is taken into consideration in my price [Smile]

I don't have any receipts for the motor, its out of a '97 Cobra that the previous owner put in himself. I've pulled the intake to clean the IMRCs and several parts were stamped with a 1997 date, and judging by how clean the motor is I don't have any reason to doubt it. The previous owner bought the car from HaulinAss who may be able to vouch for him.

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Nice price...but defintiely needs a paint job [Big Grin] Do you have any receipts for the replacement motor?

The motor was bought from a friend who was taking the motor out of his running 97 cobra to turn into a drag car.

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
double post

[ August 06, 2009, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
quote:

Weird I dont know if the pics are making it look worse but the paint really isnt that bad. There was some checking on the hood and other than that it really wasn't bad at all

As for the Engine it was purchased from a friend with a 1996 Cobra. It was about 70K mIles when I bought it. I never had time to swap the engine and sold it to another member here that did all the work. Very Solid Car.

When I bought the car I got it from the Original Owner who always serviced it at Ford.

The original Engine was knocking after a Mechanic at Ford finihsed his test drive after what was supposed to be a routine maintenence deal .Owner was convinced that the mechanic was out tearing it up. Ford reimbursed him and I bought it from the Original owner from Santa Cruz Ford. The original Engine was sold off to another member here.

Great SOLID Car. If I had the need or the room Id consider it!!!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Weird I dont know if the pics are making it look worse but the paint really isnt that bad. There was some checking on the hood and other than that it really wasn't bad at all

As for the Engine it was purchased from a friend with a 1996 Cobra. It was about 70K mIles when I bought it. I never had time to swap the engine and sold it to another member here that did all the work. Very Solid Car.

When I bought the car I got it from the Original Owner who always serviced it at Ford.

The original Engine was knocking after a Mechanic at Ford finihsed his test drive after what was supposed to be a routine maintenence deal .Owner was convinced that the mechanic was out tearing it up. Ford reimbursed him and I bought it from the Original owner from Santa Cruz Ford. The original Engine was sold off to another member here.

So FORD gave the owner money for a new engine but a used 70k miles motor was dropped in?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So FORD gave the owner money for a new engine but a used 70k miles motor was dropped in?
No Ford paid him for all the hassle, he opted to sell it, I bought it. I bught a 70k Mile motor hence the one thats in the car...

Anyhow TTT, and good luck with the sale!

erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

Thanks for the extra background on the car HaulinAss!

The motor probably has ~72k now, the previous owner put only about 500-1000 miles on it and I've put on about the same. I'm pretty sure it was from a '97 Cobra though and not a '96, since the dates stamped on the IMRCs and various other parts say 1997. The guy I bought it from told me it was a '97.

The base coat on the hood is definitely cracking, its odd because the clear coat isn't cracked and still has somewhat of a shine/gloss to it. The pics do make it look worse than it is, the paint on the front bumper isn't cracked just looks like it had a lot of highway miles. As stated other than the paint in the front it really is a solid car [patriot]

erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

[Whoo Whooooo!]
erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

ttt
erik89gt
¯
Member # 7364

ttt make an offer I may take it... [burnout]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com