Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » BBF C6 and Art Carr converter race built! SOLD!!SOLD!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BBF C6 and Art Carr converter race built! SOLD!!SOLD!!
SVT GI
¯
Member # 8997

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT GI  Ford pictures for SVT GI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Up for sale is a C-6 Transmission that I used in a 9 sec 1/4 mile BBF Mustang. It has 20 - 1/4 mile passes and about 5 miles of street time since the tranny was completely built. It is fully rollerized (bearings), bands are 1/2 wider over stock, billet aluminum "Super Servo", upgraded B&M valve body that still retains full auto capabilities with the use of the vacuum modulator. At the time of build the tranny was completely gone through with all new parts, input shaft, pump, seals, ect. It is rated to 1200hp. Also included is a Lokar flex dip stick and SFI tranny blanket.

The converter is an Art Carr 9" race converter with a stall of 4500 and flash to 4800. It also has anti ballooning plates for nitrous applications. The little time that it was ran on the street, this set up had perfect street manners. Of course your engine will determine stall with this set up.

I am selling because the engine did not last as long as this set up and I decided to change my direction with the car so this has to go. This tranny and converter are in PERFECT working order and you will not be disappointed. I went through 2 other tranny's before I could find one that would hold together and this is it. There is close to $3000 in this and it only has 20-1/4 mile passes and has never seen over 160 degrees. $1600 OBO come and pick up!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ June 10, 2009, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: SVT GI ]

Posts: 80 | From: Central Coast | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
would u sell just the converter
SVT GI
¯
Member # 8997

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT GI  Ford pictures for SVT GI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Possibly, If I can find somebody else to take the tranny. Make an offer.
SVT GI
¯
Member # 8997

ttt
DVUS PNY
¯
Member # 9058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DVUS PNY  Ford pictures for DVUS PNY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
like the blk.vert you sold... [Roll Eyes]
Honest Abe!!! [patriot]

--------------------
I do side job repairs,& performance up-grades. Most make & model cars...
"DVUS Motorsports"

SVT GI
¯
Member # 8997

quote:
like the blk.vert you sold...
Honest Abe!!!

??? Whats that mean?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com