Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Looking to swap SRA -> IRS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking to swap SRA -> IRS
Aereon
¯
Member # 6466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aereon  Ford pictures for Aereon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am debating it atm because I have dug myself into a little hole.

I currently have an 03 gt with mm coilovers, mm xd non adjustable lca's, mm hd torque arm, mm panhard bar(both ta and phb is new and uninstalled, c/o's and lca's have 10k miles) I also have the SLP LMI catback and will need 2.5" pipes after the mufflers.

I have bought the rear grip package and a set of coilovers but I am really wanting to go with an IRS. So I am wondering if any of you cobra owners want to swap out your IRS for my SRA and purchase the extra's I have while I take everything to replace it. Oh and I will take a straight trade if you have upgraded the IRS(depends on the mods)but mainly if you have mm c/o or griggs c/o's I'd take a straight swap for the parts (depending on spring rate)

If not I am looking BO for the torque arm and phb.

Let me know if your interested.

[ May 17, 2008, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Aereon ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isnt SLA part of the Griggs front suspension setup for 79-04 stangs??? Why would you rather have IRS than a built solid. The MM tq arm & phb is the best rear setup u can get for a stang, I would stick with that, unless u are looking for the best ride quality. IRS does ride great on the street, but i would rather do the built solid personally. i will be installing my MM tq arm & rear coilovers soon....

[ May 17, 2008, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think he meant SRA... SLA is short/long arm and is a type of front suspension NOT factory on mustangs... the IRS can do well when properly modded and it rides a hell of alot smoother than a solid rear!! thats why my cobra has one....
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Aereon
¯
Member # 6466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aereon  Ford pictures for Aereon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry yea, typo. Long day at work.. I Meant SRA.

I am more into road racing than anything. A properly setup IRS can outhandle a properly setup sra in many instances. The main one being the ability to allow the inside or outside tire to roll over surfaces without affecting the traction of the other.

Aereon
¯
Member # 6466

Oh and I'd prefer an 03 - 04 cobra irs over an 01 and an 01 over a 99.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you guys know anyone.

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will have a full IRS from a 99 cobra for sale in a few weeks if your interested. I got everything already for the SRA swap. I'll have to double check with my friend, but I think he wants $300 for the IRS. What are you going to do for exhaust? The pipe routing will be different, so maybe we can swap exhausts. LMK...

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Aereon
¯
Member # 6466

Hrmms, do you know if the irs has had the recall work done to it?
I am looking to swap the pipes after the mufflers and keep my tips.

harley56
¯
Member # 6731

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for harley56  Ford pictures for harley56    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a '99 Cobra and looking to make it a track car and the series I'm in http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/
does not allow IRS, so looking to do a swap. It has Grigg c/o already, so lmk, or shoot me a pm.

Posts: 89 | From: Sonoma county | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an 03 cobra that I am looking into doing a solid axle to. PM me.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am baffled at the want to convert to an IRS too- Every Koni Cup, Grand-Am, and ALMS GT Mustang run a SRA. Although IRS is typically a more refined suspension, SRA has been proven as the superior RR setup for Mustangs- BUT, if thats what you want, I know Griggs usually has a few IRS setups laying around for sale. They take them off all their Cobra owner customers cars to swap to the IRS setups. Give them a call @ 707 939 2244
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a customer with an 03 Cobra, 12k miles, who want to swap to a solid axle. If he pays for the labor of the swap are you interested?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to jump in ..... BUT
I would be interested in an outright cash purchase of an IRS setup (preferably 03/04 but will entertain 99-02 as well)

Just let me know if one is available

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
While we're at it, I've been looking to swap my Solid Rear from my 98 Cobra For an IRS. Put me next on that list, ha [patriot]

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com